Sickness fluroxitine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I've completed my first week and I have started being really sick not just feeling it actually being sick anyone else had this before I give up 

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I usually feel sick but haven’t actually been sick o think other people have tho I’m sure ? How you finding your anxiety mines at it’s peek and I to have just finished first week at adjusted dose ? Xx
    • Posted

To be honest I was getting sick more in the morning then come say 3 it would ease off but last night I was all for giving up I hate being sick but the symptoms today were horrible still sick and had a horrible panic attack I don't know what to do for the best anymore

• Posted

I think a lot of the sickness could also be from the worsening of anxiety a lot of panic and stress can upset the stomach ! My anxiety is terrible at the moment more so in the day and I’m a little better in the evenings . I can say from experience that when this medication works it’s fantastic for depression and anxiety 
    • Posted

I tried citroplam before fluoxetine but never helped Prozac when working is brilliant for me 
  • Posted

Same thing Edward, I wretch in the AM whether or not I eat anything, some days it is pretty bad, others it is 2-3 heaves then that's it. From what I read, this is part of our bodies reaclimating to the Prozac (I went off it cold turkey)

Chamonile tea along with cream of wheat cereal have helped me, oddly I can eat fine in the evenings.  But usually each AM upon waking, I wretch.

• Posted

That's exactly like me Ben glad I'm not the only one how long have you been on for now 

• Posted

had some minor wretching this AM, nothing came up.  Woke up with a slight headache, this is now week 4 back on the Prozac.

I do feel somewhat better overall about life in general but I still have anxiety esp in the AM.  As the day goes on and I am working, the day does get better overall.

hang in there, we all have to go through some ups and downs

• Posted

for edward and jessica, not too bad, still have the anxiety, I try to manage that w/o taking the klonopin.  Today I just stayed busy in my yard and had a yogurt just now.

Starting my 4th week on the prozac I am hoping to see the anxiety improve.

Best to you both

• Posted

Thanks for your reply I’m a lot better this evening but that’s normal for me ! Couldn’t eat anything till around 3pm so had my lunch then and I can eat fine in the evenings . The days are awful mind x
    • Posted

Hey thought I’d check in and see how you and Edward sammy are doing ? I’m going into week 3 now and slight improvement from last weekend the anxiety and self doubt is still there however it’s not as severe ! But there’s improvement thankgod ! Hope you both doing well ? 😊

• Posted

Slowly improving.  Managed 3 days without morning wretching.  This is week 4 for me on 20mg dose.  I also have found that Natural Vitality Calm, a magnesium supplement, really helps in the evening before I retire to bed.  I just ordered a bottle from amazon.

Also taking b complex vitamin supplement, eating yogurt with live cultures, drinking chamonile tea, and interacting with my neighbors more. 

I can't say any ONE thing is the key here but rather a combination of things that are finally coming together putting me on an upward trajectory.

Hope all is well with you

• Posted

Hiya 😊 like yourself there’s slight improvement I’ve pushed my self a lot more to do things also which I think has helped and started cbt last Friday I’ll go for the next 6 weeks . The self doubt and anxiety is still there however not as overwhelming! Glad to hear things a slowly improving for yourself to . Keep in touch through this process x

• Posted

Well I was doing pretty well until yesterday when I woke up at 2 Am with a major anxiety attack.  Sweats, scary thoughts, the whole bit.  Ended up not going to work yesterday at all, could not eat a darn thing w/o vomiting.

Today is somewhat better. I took a glass of nat vitality calm and cut a .5 klonopin in half, took that at about 8 PM and I managed to sleep.........until 3 Am, woke up to urinate then more or less tossed and turned until 7 AM

I am at work now, working my normal half day sat. Did not have any wretching this AM. 

Prior to coming in I had a cup of chamonile tea which seems to help

Only thing I can say is my therapist said during recovery from grief and depression is there are good days and some days you will feel like total crap.  Yesterday was one of them.

I would say overall, my once dark and depressed mood has improved a bit. Just still dealing with the anxiety is the hard part now. 

Best to all

• Posted

Hi 👋 I’ve been doin a little bit better but still not back to myself hoping it will kick in soon fully or i May try something else just so scared to . My anxiety is better but still there . X

• Posted

Have your stomach side effects cleared up. Having waves of headache and nausea today 31 days in. Could use some encouragement. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.