Side affects happening

Posted , 2 users are following.

Morning all.

I am suffering the side affects BUT not too bad I am a keen SW girl, so already on a low fat diet, so been on the pills for a week now and I am happy with what is happening, I never relized what. Fat was in what.

Is there a way to have a list of fat? I was never told anything about what I should eat and when, I am annoyed about that can any one let me know what the fat intake is?

And is there anything I need to look out for, I am enjoying this ..... Am I odd?

K xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You are like most of us that have been prescribed this medication. I got most of my information and advice from this site.

Read as many back forums as you can.

You only get the side effects if you are eating food with too much fat in it.

Alot of us do it like this

up to 30 g per day, no more than 15g per meal - up to 5g for breakfast, 10g lunch 15g evening meal. never more than 15g per meal. If you have any left you can use them for lowfat snacks.

Goodluck :D

• Posted

what you need to remember on these tablets is that it is the FULL fat you need to be reading on the foods and not just saturated as some weight management system advise. If you are getting loose stools then you are taking on board to much fat.

it will take a while to get used to things but once you have been round the shops and familiarised yourself with the products you will be surprised of the options for low fat foods there is.

Another rule of thumb is not buy any products that contain more than 5g's of full fat per 100g's.

• Posted

Thanks lady's really really helpful too know

Right will get on with this I am on a months script and will be going back in three weeks and see what NBA lens I am on sw too so that will be Monday so will keep an eye on that

So perhaps this will be the answer we will see. It is yet to co vince me have a happy weekend xx

Again thank you xxxx

• Posted

Hi me gain :D

For the first 3-4 months I kept a food diary I logged fat and calories.

I made my own fat/calory book -I used a A5 (small) A-Z book and listed everything I ate and anything I was likely to eat. I spent ages shopping looking at fat content and looked for lower fat alternatives. The diary & calory book took a bit of time to begin with but saved time in the long run and helped me monitor what I was eating and lso helped me make healthier choices.

Hope this is of some use.

You have a great weekend too :D

• Posted

I was unable to go to SW this week was busy at work but i am still going strong.

I am not going to say I have been extra good as my hubby took me out for a romantic picnic he said I needed to turn off for a bit as this is not a happy lady right now and I want to be happy again.

But my scales are saying I am a lower weight so I will keep a smile going and see what happens. Monday is coming round fast, will soon know if it's working ..... M

Hope all are ok xxx

• Posted

All still going ok.

I wish this weight loss was easier I feel like I have been fighting this battle for a long time now and I am becoming weary of it.

I have had a week off the gym, I am going to go today though, its just sometimes I need two stop I have had s crazy two weeks and the next two look just as bad.

I have a wedding on the 17th sept that I have planned and it is over 100 miles away fro here! On top of that I am working full time and also caring for hubby who is disabled and then there are the two children as well and they go back to school on Wed non stop! I do wonder why stress doesn't get rid of the weight ...... I really should be a size 12 with the amount I do a week.

Right peeps have a fab weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.