side effect, yes or no?

Posted , 5 users are following.

this maybe completely irrelevant to fluoxetine, however I thought I'd mention it anyway- twice today so far I've had brief hyper brain activity which was freaky to say the least, just a few minutes of my brain seemingly whizzing around @ a million miles an hour for no obvious reason, made me speak out loud to calm down! Anybody else ever feel that? Thankyou...smile

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wierd.....I've not felt it but have rwad on other posts about people having brain zaps - could be same thing????

Vix

• Posted

aha, brain zaps, yes I did read that somewhere myself, probably the same thing, and hell yes it was weird alright! rolleyes
  • Posted

I only encountered brain zaps when I came off my meds.  They were weird, like an electric current passing through my brain.  I think it's yours are possibly just side effects, maybe some kind of electric charge zapping through .......... ?

The only weird feeling I get are like heart flutters, almost like a shot of adrenalin or happiness I get a burst of occasionally (quite nice actually).  Only lasts a few second, but it is odd.  I have had lots all at times, one after the other, and it's like my heart does a little skip, as Ive measured my pulse at the time and it does a sort of jump.  Doesn't bother me, but often wonder what it is. :-)

• Posted

Didn't check my writing before posting it ...... some of it sounds odd (and no, it's not the heart flutters) wink
  • Posted

how long have you been on it? Also has anyone experienced weight gain? As I'm taking it for bulimia this is a HUGE concern of mine!
  • Posted

how long have you been on it? Also has anyone experienced weight gain? As I'm taking it for bulimia this is a HUGE concern of mine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.