Side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started on Quetiapine and im realy struggling with restless legs and sweats. Took earlier tonight but still having hard timesad Any suggestions? And will this pass in time? Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I suffered with restless legs during the evening and in bed, it used to send be silly.

My doctor started me on 1mg Ropinrole, the box says  (ReQuip Ropinirole) I found that they only helped a little so it was put up to 2 x 1mg I take them as soon as I feel a twinge in my legs and find they work within half an hour, I usually go and do something standing up and walking around in the kitchen, because it doesn't seem to bother me when I am on the move. I very rarely get any twinges nowdays so I just take two before I go to bed.

See if your Dr will change you over to them, are you in the UK. I am not sure what they would be called anywhere else. They can't be taken if you have, serious kidney disease, liver disease. It contains lactose.

It is used for Parkinsons disease and belongs to a groupe of medicines called dopamine agonists, dopamine is found in the brain.

I hope this will help, you my find in a week your tablets start working if not go back to your doctor and ask him about ReQuip Ropinirol.

The difference they have made is fantastic it has

• Posted

follow on from last reply.

The difference they have made is fantastic it has made such a difference to me.

• Posted

Hi Eve73

Iv been walking round the house (which hasnt been very easy with chronic back pain) since i sent my post, i couldnt stay in bed a minute longer!! Its horendus isnt it? Thats the only thing that seemed to ease it. I even tried a hot water bottle but that didnt help and made sweats  even worse. Needless to say it got thrown rapid style out of bed!! Its eased enough to let me back on here. Im in the highlands scotland so i would think/hope that Ropinrole could be an option. I have my Cpn coming in the morning so i will discuss with her first. I am so pleased that this has helped you, if you dont mind me asking was your restless legs due to a side effect of medication like myself?  What iv read up on about Quetapine this can be a common side effectsad

Many thanks

• Posted

Hi Lorz ~

May I ask what mg you're on?  I take that drug but I take it for sleep..ha! here it is 4:15 am and I'm still awake.  I'm sleepy  but my mind won't shut off (anyone have a suggestion on shutting off your mind).

Anyway, that drug you're talking about is used for many different health issues.   Personally, I'd call the doctor and tell them what's been happening and ask if there's a different drug you can try.  Perhaps the doctor can perscribe like a week or two weeks worth of the medication to see if it works, it's less expensive that way.  You should know w/i a week or two if it's helping, right?

I hope you get the help you deserve.

Warmly,

Frustrated

• Posted

H Frustrated

I was only on a low dose of 50mg a night and i was given it to help with sleep and recurring nightmares. My Cpn has just left and she has told me to stop taking it as its not helping. She is going to speak to my phyciatrist about another medication because i also need help with racing thoughts much like yourself. Sertraline 100mg however has helped with my mood so thats something!

It would be so easy to start sleeping through the day but thats not what i want to start doing. Did you manage to get some sleep yourself last night? I do hope so.

Lorz

• Posted

Hi Lorz ~

Unfortunately, I didn't get any sleep last night.  I often thought I could sleep during the daytime and stay up at night and do my home chores etc...but then I'd be sleeping opposite of my husband and we'd drift apart...not good.

Sertraline for me is 100 twice a day and Wellbutrin 300 once a day.  Although, I've been seeing new doctors and thus far the psych dr hasn't prescribed the wellbutrin yet.  I see him next week and I'm guessing he''l  up my zoloft  (sertraline) and add the wellbutrin.  I hope so.  

Between the sertraline and wellbutrin, it helps  stop  the "racing" thoughts.  I'm wondering if a cocktail like this would do you well?  Just a thought.  Do you see a phyciatrist?  I do once a month.  He writes my scripts for 6 mths refills so if I have to miss an appt, I have the scripts at hand.  That seems to be the only purpose of a phyciatrit, at least for myself.

Anyway, again I thank you for your response.  Please keep writing and keeping in touch (if you can) because it's helpful.

Warm regards, 

Frustrated

• Posted

I don't know if it was a side effect, I hadn't really thought about it. I am on 17 tablets a day plus methotrexate injection once a week, which I do myself for rheumatoid arthritis.

I am up every 2 hrs for a walk about and a cup of tea. Let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.