Side Effects

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been put on Mirtazapine 15mg 1 tablet for a week for depression, stress and anxiety. It has been Day 3 so far and then the dosage is to go upto 2 tablets (30mg) next week. Prior to this I was taking 3 tablets of Diazepam 2mg daily for 3 days.

Going to sleep has been relatively easy and my apetite has increased. I feel weak and drowsy all day. My mouth is dry all day and have been noticing a slight headache today. Concentration levels are not the best and in terms of emotions, I think I am a little numb right now, although, anger and frustration do creep in from time to time.

I am worried about the side effects if I am to continue with this medication and also about the withdrawl symptoms I can expect. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am sorry you are feeling not well on Mirt.

When are you seeing your doc again to discuss the side effects with him/her?

The headache should go away soon, once your body adjusts to the med.Sometimes it just takes a while for the drug to really work for you.

I also have a very dry mouth, so I am drinking water all the time, which is not bad actually.... good for my body! LOL

Let us know how things are going! I hope its just the first few days that you are having trouble!

• Posted

Just an update - I have stopped taking the tablets for the past week and now feel much better. I have been asked to continue with 30mg for the next month, however, it makes no sense to me that I continue with the medication that was making me lethargic.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.