Side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just stopped the drug 20 mg been taking for 19 years.I have to get rid of it,How long do the side effects last??The Dr put me on a new drug,but that was terrible.I already suffer from permanent dizziness after a subarachnoid brain hermorage four years ago and the insertion of a shunt.I am doing cold turkey.The black fog is lifting.Will It get better soon.Anyone know?

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Big mistake going cold turkey ..not very smart...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

it is a big mistake to go cold turkey as the side effects will go on many months.What is this new medication that you say the doctor has put you on
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear susan Your doctor just stopped you like that? Why go cold turkey? Maybe your doctor thing its better for you to change youre med.? But if it doesnt work for you , you should talk to him. I was on citalopram for discusstook almost 3 months to stop. 20mg than 10 than 5 ... Ive been on 5mg for a month. Im now on 5mg but every 2 days.. Only 5 doses left..I will be done .

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.My Dr put me on Ser,something.They mad e me feel shocking,so he gave me Mirtazapine.I have not taken that because I read the blurb and it says you will put on weight.That can’t happen,I have an eating disorder so would be counter productive.I have a telephone call next Friday to discuss,no appointments till end of March with my Dr.I also care for my husband,I feel pretty bad and hope it will improve soon.It is not smart to stop all meds,but don’t know what else I can do.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

John Radcliffe in Oxford are trying to explore the dizziness I suffer with after  the subarachnoid brain hemoriage I had and the insertion of a vp shunt.But this feeling is different.I did hope to get rid of antidepressants in order to help me try to be a bit more normal.The doctors and my self are trying to find causes.The citalpram do the job,but it is time to get things sorted.I am fully aware it will be hard,but I have to try.I am glad I joined this site because the information kind people give is very helpful.xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I totally understand that you want to come off however reducing it slowly will reduce the risks of withdrawal symptoms. Have you always suffered the dizziness the whole 19 years you’ve been on it? 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up