Side effects are making me crazy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on Flu for 2 months now. Three weeks ago I upped my dosage from 20 mg to 30 mg and I'm feeling pretty bad. Dizzy, headache, no appetite, no energy, extremely anti-social and just not myself. I am trying to push through this, but wondering just how long it will take for the new dosage to settle in. It's extremely uncomfortable and ready to just stop all together. Is it normal for side effects to last this long or is it possible that these meds just arent working for me? Any advice would help.

Thanks!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Elisa,

just a short message to let you know that what you are feeling just now is normal. I upped my dose at week 8 from 20 to 40 mg, nausea kicked in but anxiety decreased. I didnt feel like was sleeping as well either, but im used to it now and catch up during the day.

this med is very slow to reach a steady state, everytime you change dose you will feel side effects. They will go eventually, just keep positive that each day gets you closer to being well again. Patience is the key, prozac wont work overnight, and you need to get out, find things to do. Little goals every day, accept where you are just now and treat yourself gently. Don't fight the side effects, go with the flow. But do see your DR if you are worried.

there is lots of good advice here on past posts, good luck and best wishes to you!

🌺

• Posted

Hi! I am sorry you are not feeling well, maybe the dose is too high or too high or a jump...make sure it's not seratonin syndrome..don't skirt completely stop if you do taper off. Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

i started on 20 then upped to 40 now im on 60...   what you are feeling is normal.. side effects are the worst and they last good 4-6 weeks... but everyone is different.. they do eventually pass promise.. try stick with it.. iv been on since middle january now xx 
    • Posted

Hello Koo,

ive noticed you are taking 60 mg, how are you feeling since the increase? How did you know you needed the higher dose? 

Ive been on 40 since jan this year and was hoping to see better results by now. All up ive been on prozac for five months, i feel i need either more or a change of meds. Is it too soon to think of changing dose do you think?

I hope you are feeling much improved!

thanks for any advice,

🌺 Carol

• Posted

It's never too soon Hun if you think they are making you worse then ild suggest going back to gp and trying something else I've bin on 7 different meds in 8 months with my anxiety.. and I think my last one is the right one which is fluoxetine it gives me tiredness and heart palpatations and feeling lazy but I have bin able to smile and have a laugh onit.. and I'm only on day 6 also I suffer generalised anxiety disorder home bound for 8 months do what you thinks best Hun

• Posted

Hi, am thinking whether I should change? I wake up not wanting to get out of bed, I don't have any incentive to do anything all day just can't be bothered. Is this normal? Am on 6th week

• Posted

I'm only on week 1 and I feel like that but this medication ain't for everyone but this has helped a little in my anxiety just need to give it time for it to work fully on me but you are 6 weeks in now do what you think Hun if you think they ain't working and you still feel depression I wud try go back to doctors Hun.. they say 6-8 weeks to get into system but doctors can change your meds as early as 2 weeks especially when your getting side effects

But having no motivation I get like that but I have 5 kids so I have to be strong for them.. and get out of bed but it is perfectly normal at my stage at week 6 you shunt be as much tired as you are Hun all the best and good luck Hun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.