Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +2 following
Guest Guest

SIDE EFFECTS OF CEFALEXIN

I was prescribed these tablets Tuesday, 26th August. Overnight, I felt so unwell I could barely walk to work. My whole body ached, I had headaches, felt dizzy (light headed mostly). I had a terrible attack of my diverticulitis (worse of the lot). I was off my food and felt as if the whole world was against me! It was awful.

I was advised to take time off and drink lots of water. I had already completed two courses of Trimethoprim which did not clear the urine infection so I persevered! I am feeling better now, have two more tablets to take then I would have completed the full course. Admittedly, the urine infection sysmptoms seem to have subsided so I am hopeful that the Cefalexin is working positively. I wish someone had warned me before I started the course of medication - I would have been better prepared for the awful side effects!

2 Replies

• Guest Guest

Please are back pain, headache, light-head and dizzy feeling, the symptoms of urine infection.

I do not have sharp pain at the abdominal region, do not feel the urge to urinate often.. but i feel very sick, weak, light-head and feel like vomiting, yet i was told i had UTI and was given cefalexin.

I am just concerned that i do not have any symptom that relates to that.

• marareta marareta

[quote:c433ce66c0=\"curious \"]Please are back pain, headache, light-head and dizzy feeling, the symptoms of urine infection.

I do not have sharp pain at the abdominal region, do not feel the urge to urinate often.. but i feel very sick, weak, light-head and feel like vomiting, yet i was told i had UTI and was given cefalexin.

I am just concerned that i do not have any symptom that relates to that.[/quote:c433ce66c0]

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.