Side Effects of HRT

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have several ladies complain of side effects and wondered what they are ? 

I just started HRT 3 weeks ago and although it’s helped with the dizziness and some of the fatigue my mood is still low and I can’t seem to get a solid nights sleep. 

I’m praying this works but today feeling so fed up low and tired feel like ripping it off! 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori, I have been taking Tibolone hrt for 8 days and am feeling no different yet. The doc said you should feel better after 2 days . I had mild side effects for the first 2 days, nausea/empty stomach feeling ,headaches but like you still feel low, I don't know what to expect but a bit more positive would be a start.

• Posted

Hi Sarah 

Did you get a cycle ? I’ve had 2! In 3 weeks. It’s definitely helped with the dizziness and a bit with the fatigue . I just don’t want to put on weight. They say 3 months .... wish I could sleep for the next 2 months!

• Posted

Hi lori

I am due to have one around the 13th of this month and atm I'm not getting any PMT symptoms like sore breasts and angry head so I don't no whats going to happen, but I do no that by now I should be getting PMT symptoms.  Yes I think you have to give it 3 months to fully work.  I read that hrt isn't proven to make you put weight on but you can whilst in peri but I guess if a drug makes you more hungary then your going to eat more like steroids.

• Posted

Hi there

I was under the impression that you slept alot? Well i personally wished that hrt worked for me but

it didnt. Ive done lots and lots of trying this way and that x 8 months and i felt more intense sx, weirder, like pms intensified 24/7. I know it helps with certain physical symptoms but for the moods it did nothing.

x0x0x

• Posted

How old are you, have you had a hystercamoy at all, did you try the gel form thanks
  • Posted

Hi Lori,

I’m from Michigan in the US and using bioidentical HRT cream. Don’t know what form if HRT your using but I don’t think all HRT is the same. There’s a lot of synthetics out there which are different.  I felt relief quickly with no side effects other then a littl spotting.  Nothing is perfect. Still have some issues but feeling soooo much better. Make sure your on the right kind of HRT.

• Posted

Yes I tried BHRT for 2 weeks and nothing ... so in desperation I switched to HRT and felt some immediate relief from the debilitating fatigue . I’m still tired a lot but able to stay up until 10pm at least whereas before I was ready for bed at 4.30pm . BHRT is the natural biodentical hormone and HRT is the synthetic hormone . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.