Side effects settling but still down and also slow heart rate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

This is my 4th week on fluox

3 wks 10mg 2 days 15mg. First i would just like to say it is so true what everyone in here says, the side effects get better. I felt so so awful when i first started. Dizzy, tired to the point my eyes were closing, anxious, headache i had it all.  Its all getting better bow but i have one problem which is bothering me, a few hrs after taking the tablet i feel my heart go really slow. I an just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Also although the aide effects are getting better and i an having better days i am still having very low days too. Can anyone tell me if they think i need to increase my dose or just wait it out please xxxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI star

Well done for getting where you are today, uv done really well..

It’s been 4 weeks now, the decision to go higher as to be your chiose, and if you feel you can cope then I don’t see y not...

U said u havin good and bad days?? And that’s still going to be the case, for a while yet, but at least u are havin those good days, as b4 you seemed really low due to the side effects... I’m on 60mg now and been feeling pretty good with that, and for ME I’m glad I increased... as for your heart beat I’m not sure, as for me Iv been told mine is beating to fast, so can’t say if this drug does that or not, think that your doc will no better if your worried ..

Well I’m proud of you for sticking this med out, as not ease at time..

Big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hello Star.  It's good to hear that you are feeling better.  I started Prozac 19 days ago and was feeling pretty crappy.   Had anxiety, tension in my face and jaw, tension under my eyes -- made me look tired.  In any case I am always so close to quitting because I wonder how long I can endure these darn side effects.  But on Day 19 I upped it to 15 mg like what ur on now.  I actually felt a little different maybe even better.   So I want to work up to 20 mg and then reassess things.  If you are having some good days this may be a great sign of good things to come.   But wow I know how hard this adjustment period can be.  Some of us just need to go thru hell to reach heaven.  Faith is hard when one is suffering because our first reaction is to relieve pain.  My body is soooooo sensitive to meds.  I just decided to endure the adjustment period and then assess things once I get to a therapeutic dose.  It takes great courage to do this and I commend you for hanging in there.  Talk soon

• Posted

Hi guys thankyou for replying. Today is day 3 on 15mg and i feel so down. I hope things will improve i just want to feel like myself xxx
    • Posted

Hi star

I wish I could sit facing you, and talk, and see that there is light at the end of all this, the days and nites are so long when your low, ur focusing to much on the anxiety, and sounds as tho your dreading each day, I know it’s not ease to listen to others say you will get there, when all you want is for that to happen now...

I can’t help you, other then a few words of comfort, I do hope one day u do come on here and say that you are feeling some what better..

Take care and keep talking on here big hug 🤗x 

• Posted

Thankyou dawn. Today has been a better day. Iv stll had monents of feeling down but over all its been better. U have been a massive support to me thankyou so much xxxx
    • Posted

Rrrr bless you... your more then welcome, it’s nice to talk to people who are going through or have been through it, in the hope you know it’s not just you, on your own...

So glad uv felt a little better today, keep going and let’s us know how things go for you, don’t expect to much at the moment, ur doing really good to be sticking this out, as I know it’s not been easy for you along the way..

Big hug and well done 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.