Silent reflux

Posted , 14 users are following.

Does anyone else have this?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, I have suffered with Silent reflux for years. Many people confuse it with Gerd or acid reflux. It is not. I drink alkaline water every day. (9.5 +) this has helped tremendously. I do not drink apple cider vinegar because Silent Reflux is not in the stomach but is mainly in the back of the throat and upper esophagus. That is why there is a cough and mucous and many times a sore throat. But I strongly recommend alkaline water. Learning triggers is really important too.

• Posted

Hi its horrible isnt it, where do you get the water from? x

• Posted

alkaline water u made in home buy from market..details plzz

• Posted

it's still acid coming up you just don't know it is till you feel the burn

• Posted

I buy alkaline water. Whole Foods (USA) sells it and I buy their brand because it is cheapest. I can get the gallon of Ten brand and refill a container with it. I am sure you can make it , I just am not that dedicated.

I am sure you can buy it online too.

• Posted

No it doesn't burn, LPR is different than what most people associate with reflux or gerd. It is alot of throat clearing. The mucous is the bodies way of coating the throat from the acid. Symptoms are usually cough, lump in the throat feeling, sore throat but really the most common is excessive throat clearing. The alkaline water is what helps with that (for me). I drink alkaline water everyday. I drink it after meals. I don't eat late at night. I sleep on a wedge pillow. These three things are the most effective. I avoid my trigger foods.

• Posted

not everybody does we are all different and different food triggers try keeping a diary of what you've eaten see if there is anything that ms eaten when your symptoms are worse

• Posted

Keljo48,

Thanks for this information. I didn't know what I was experiencing off and on - just assumed it was reflux... but it's really exactly what you are describing. I will try the alkaline water the next time I am experiences the post nasal/throat clearing constantly. I am a creature of habit and eat the same foods all the time...yet the throat clearing will rear itself off an on.

• Posted

hi sharon,

I have never heard of this but for the last few days I have had the cough and mucus like crazy. I also have a weird feeling in my upper chest, not painful just weird! it feels almost like my chest is empty if that makes any sense. it is right under my throat and I feel like I have something stuck in my throat. this is all just so emotionally draining as well as physical. hope we all see the end of the tunnel soon...

• Posted

yes thats how i feel, its the throat lumpy thing that freaks me out and a sore throat, im taking omoprazole and ranatadine im also watching my diet its very hard as ive got to eat as im only a size 8 x

• Posted

the alkaline water is the best. i order "ten" alkaline water from online. it has been a lifesaver. this all started with horrible acid reflux and the PPI's made me really anxious so i researched and found alkaline water helps, which the the good Lord it did! I manage it with the water and i limit my carbs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.