Silent reflux

Posted , 14 users are following.

Does anyone else have this?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I have silent reflux (LPR). It's been off and on for a couple of years (I'm almost 44, been in peri for about 18 months). I mostly get that feeling of something stuck in my throat w/lots of throat clearning. The latest bout, however, also had me getting this really spastic-type cough, like out of nowhere my throat would feel really dry and scratchy. My ENT says it feels worse than it is, as he doesn't see much if any damage in my throat/to my vocal chords. When it acts up, I treat with a PPI in the morning (Nexium ie esomeprazole) and an H2 inhibitor (Zantac ie ranitidine) right before bed.

• Posted

hi tebrown,

does your chest feel weird right under your throat and chest bone? as I have said, I don't get the burning feeling, my chest just feels empty weird. I have severe allergies also and a lot of drainage from that and I'm sure that doesnt help either..

• Posted

Hi Susane, no, my chest never feels weird. I just get the lump-in-the-throat feeling with a lot of clearing my throat and a cough. I've found that coffee (even decaf) is one of my biggest triggers, so I only have it once in a while now (a shame, as I love coffee). I also want to look into getting a wedge for my bed.

• Posted

i do have this as well. it comes and goes. mine usually just a sore throat and a lump when i swallow (which sends my health anxiety into overdrive) the lump and the sore throat is always just on the left side. i assume it is because i mainly sleep on my left side.

• Posted

Hi

yes i have the sore throat too, sometimes i feel like im choking, x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.