Simple ovarian cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new to this site.  I've just been diagnosed with a 4cms simple ovarian cyst and have been advised that I will need to have a follow-up ultrasound in six to eight weeks to monitor it.  I'm just wondering if anyone has found anything that would relieve the pain or is it a case of continuing on in pain?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you are in pain I would go see you gp. I'm currently taking codeine and buscopan with volterol and paracetamol. Doc also suggested tramadol but I'm breastfeeding still. U may also find that a good hot water bottle or a small electric blanket will help, hope u are feeling better soon xx
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks a million for replying.  I was prescribed Ponstan and Cyklokparon but pain is more spasmodicrather than severe.  Will try the hot water bottle.  Thanks again. 

• Posted

I found that pain killers just weren't working for me, I'm gonna see if my doc will give me something stronger? I do find that a hot water bottle or wheat bag helps though, so you could try that? I don't think anyone should suffer with pain, if you are getting no relief go back to your doc. I hope your pain doesn't last too long, mine is usually around the time of my periods, dread them now, bit worried as I'm getting married in July and it clashes with my period. Anyway hope u don't suffer for too long. ((Hug)) xx
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying to my query.  Painkillers definitely don't seem to have any benefit.  Going to get a wheat bag as I hate the idea of taking more medication than I need to.  I am the exact same regarding pain.  I do feel sorry for my Fiancé as he has had to tolerate the bulk of my misery.  Best of luck with the wedding.  Take care. 

• Posted

Hi there irishgal.  Can you describe the pain and where you feel it?

• Posted

Hi,

At its worst it was a crippling, extremely intense stabbing pain on my left hand side which was constant in its severity. 

• Posted

I have a 35cm cyst and found the most effective pain relief is comfortable clothing! My jeans have been put in draw for now and I live in maxi dresses. It's made a massive difference. Also keep hydrated and try warm baths or anything else that gets you comfortable and relaxed.

hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi,

Now that you mention it wearing jeans definitely don't help.  Thanks a million for your tips - will certainly give them a go.

Take it easy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.