Single kidney stage 4

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello I have a single right congenital kidney at stage 4-5 have been told that I will need a transplant sometime in the next two the three years when I asked about dialysis

Was told it would not benefit me so now I sit and wait for someone to tell me what happens next

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, Stuart. As far as I have been able to find out, there is not much to be gained by going for dyalysis early. Da Vita has lots of info if you'd like to search them.

I am at stage 5, not on the waiting list for a transplant, and not going the dyalisis route, and I still feel pretty well most of the time; waiting is probably your best bet, but don't sit too much -- it's good to get some exercise wink !

• Posted

What hospital are you under. My fiancee has Ckd3. Last February they told us very matter of fact that she was likely to be on dialysis in the next 5 years. After changing her diet significantly and taking lots of different suppliments I have managed to raise her gfr 12% and lower her cretanine and urea and a whole host of other readings in her bloods. Now after using the same dialysis calculator her doctor did I have managed to reduce the risk from over 20% to 4% chance now.

We have asked her consultant time after time for a special diet and what Suppliments she should take and they just kept saying we were doing all the right things without diet and suppliments. They seem to think blood pressure and keeping it under control is all that matters.

We have proved them wrong on many occasions now and will continue to do so for many years.

If you would like to discuss anything at length just ask.

• Posted

what supplements is she taking and what diet changes im at stage 3 as well thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.