sinus infection now for 3 weeks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Came on suddenly when driving - felt I was going to faint I continued to work until I couldn't  went to the dr's a week after the nearly fainting and was told I had a sinus infection - had pains all over my face around my eye by that time - and so dizzy I couldn't walk anywhere. I was put on antibiotics which helped me a lot - however I tried going back to work but was still bad - I got signed off from work and given more antibiotics which I have just run out of. I have I think a "dry sinus" as there doesn't appear to be much mucus coming out. I have been doing salt water rinses and even got a humidifier for in the bedroom to help. taking pain killers however it still hasn't gone after 3 weeks. I'm so fed up of feeling dizzy and tired. how long has it taken people to get over this as I'm not able to function like this sad I've started taking evening primrose oil today hoping that will help

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just started evening primrose myself today hoping it will help! Good luck. I feel your pain.
    • Posted

please let me know if it helps - fingers crossed - its the headaches and dizzy spells that are getting to me - also getting fizzy nose when I blow it
  • Posted

Hi Link,

I’ve been dealing with chronic sinusitis l for 6 months or so and have finally gotten it under control now.

My main advice would be to find a good ENT (I’ve went through 4 before I found the one who I could trust). Do a CT scan to determine which sinuses are inflammed and possibly an endoscopy so the doc could see the damage from the inside. I’ve been through several rounds of antibiotics but what eventually seemed to help was a strong dose of oral steroids and just regular use of muconase. 

One more note is to be very careful with sinus rinses, I did this a while back with my nose too blocked and water went in my ear - resulting in an ear infection and a myringotomy and I can tell you; an ear infection is 10x worse than a sinus infection!

Lastly evening primrose did nothing for me, I think it’s more of an placebo effect than anything else. Also read the book sinus survival as a lot of good, proven, vitamins and supplements are mentioned there. Eg I still take mega doses of vitamin c which prevent me from getting sick.

Hope this helps, good luck!

• Posted

thanks for you advice and tips - interestingly I had an ear infection last year and was no where near as bad as what I'm currently going through. I recovered within 9 days. This so far has been 21+ days and I'm so ill with it

• Posted

hi Link2018

I hava had the same for a year nearly. I have had antibiotics 2-3 times which helped but did not get rid of it. Set rinses are good too but what really helped - oddly - has been using a vibration plate. It stimulates the lymphatic system which drains infection. Still not gone but definitely helped.

best wishes

• Posted

hi Link2018

I hava had the same for a year nearly. I have had antibiotics 2-3 times which helped but did not get rid of it. Salt rinses are good too but what really helped - oddly - has been using a vibration plate. It stimulates the lymphatic system which drains infection. Still not gone but definitely helped.

best wishes

• Posted

hi Link2018

I hava had the same for a year nearly. I have had antibiotics 2-3 times which helped but did not get rid of it. Set rinses are good too but what really helped - oddly - has been using a vibration plate. It stimulates the lymphatic system which drains infection. Still not gone but definitely helped.

best wishes

• Posted

Anyone tried colloidal silver sprays up the nose? just been looking into this

• Posted

betamethasone nose drops I've bene given

• Posted

ever since I been taking these drops I've been getting better - I still have headaches but the dizziness is starting to go. Slowly feeling stronger everyday

• Posted

hi  Link2018

interesting:

betamethasone nose drops

I am currently using steroid spray given me by ENT. Still bad taste smell.

best wishes

smile

• Posted

Yeah similar medicine - I've been told to use it for a month because the inflammation was so bad. Still getting a slight headache in mornings but nothing like what I had. definitely feel I'm on the mend now

• Posted

fainted at work was taken to a&e with this sinus infection I had a CT scan and blood test - they found "something" in my blood - so ive been refered to a Fit clinic. I said to the doctor I prob need a ENT not a fit clinic. he said was more concerned about the fainting. So it will be interesting was the fit clinic says about sinus infections

• Posted

My condition is like urs. Chronic sinus with dizzy all the time . how r u now. What was the cause of ur fainting. Did they find out
    • Posted

still ongoing - in massive pain this morning off to the hospital again today. Not sure they can do anything

I got a ENT appointment Wednesday if I can make till then

• Posted

My GP agreed I needed to see an ENT rather than what a&e said

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.