Sinus pain!

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone please tell me the symptoms they have had that has been caused by a sinus infection? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I get pulsating pressure behind my nose, I feel pressure on my top teeth, I've also been having eye floaters and I also feel nauseous at times. I had an obstructed maxillary infundibulum and had an operation July and since the op I feel worse.

• Posted

As a long term sinusitis sufferer I can help you with your search to understand it.

My condition commenced with hayfever as a child, and this developed into rhinitis and sinusitis when I was bout15 years old.

I was extremely allergic, and had severe hayfever as well as sinusitis. 

The symptoms of sinusitis were extreme pressure behind the eyes and the eyebrows, that caused intense pain for about 24 hours at a time. 

I took Sinutabs and Avil retard tablets each day as well as analgesics to relieve the pressure pain. When the pressure was intense I would also use a Menthol steam inhalant, or Friars Balsum inhalant, to obtain some relief. At night I often rubbed Dencorub Heat Gel on the eyebrow region in order to get to sleep.

I found it necessary to avoid known irritants such as cigarette smoke, wattle tree pollen , kapok dust, hay, sawdust, and that dreaded M.S.G. I was effected by high humidity, so I had to move inland.

I found a miracle cure for my problems when I turned 65, and I now no longer suffer from allergy problems. Evening Primrose Oil was the simple answer to my very complex health problem. One 1000 mg capsule daily was adequate to overcome a lifetime problem.

If you think you have a rhinitis or sinusitis problem caused by an allergic reaction, then you should give Evening Primrose Oil a try. You will know within two weeks if this treatment is beneficial for you.

Kind regards Ray.

• Posted

Hi Raymond,

I have been to see my GP this morning and i have Otitis Externa which basically means i have water in my ear canal which is causing my ear canal to be narrow. She has basically said to me the symptoms in which i am getting at the moment is because my ear canal is inflammed and swollen and its slightly pressin on my ear drum i have been prescribe Fluccloxacillin for a week and referred to ENT to have my ear syringed again which is where this problem came from in the first place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.