sinus problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is simon and im 29. I suffer health anxiety really really bad Recently ive been having sinus problems been to docs twice in 2 weeks. It all started when i was getting a cracking sound in my jaw then all of a sudden my sinusus felt weird and blocked and big bouts of snot now and again and also a tiny bit of blood. Anyways i went to a and e as i started to panic as i felt some pressure over my eye tooth right near my sinus and abit of weird feeling on the top of my head. They done some tests blood pressure, temp and also done sum kind of a flower prick on my finger. They told it was sinusitus and gave me anti biotics. Took them for a week and also in that week got my eye tooth taken out as the dentist said there was sum infection above the root on the xray. Anyways the symptoms still appeared as my sinusus still felt weird so i went back to the docs and done some tests to check my eyes ears blood pressure and balance and said everything was ok and prescribed me some different anti biotics which im on my second day now but tonight i started to panic because of the weird sensation in my head so i decided to go on google to look out my symptoms which i shouldnt do as it tells you the worse. I seen things like brain tumours and i got really scared and my head started to feel worse with loads of pressure. My partner saw how scared i was so she sat me down and made me a cup of tea. Weirdly enuff my symptoms calmed down alot. Has this happened to anyone else because it feels like im the only one and i would like to know if this sounds like anxiety and if anyone else has been through this. Im also started to take depression tablets for the last few days for my health anxiety. Thanx :-)

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I suffer with health anxiety to so I feel your pain... Its horrible I Google everything (which I shouldn't) but most of the time its cancer this cancer that, its horrible, I really think we do convince ourselves we have it, then we're proved wrong, we find something else, anxiety is a cancer in itself, we have to try to calm down, breathe, and try and rationalize, very hard I know, but no you are not alone ☺
    • Posted

Thankyou really appreciate it i just get really scared thinking the worse when it could be a hundred other things. But can neva convince myself and its horrible. Really wish i wasnt like this. Thanx
  • Posted

Simon:  Please go the dentist and get checked out for TMJ...I had that for 20 yrs. until they did a special Xray that showed my jaw was off from grinding my teeth, due to anxiety..It causes terrible sinus problems and feels as through you have a brain tumor...please keep us informed...I kind of believe that this may be most of your problem...It is not dangerous, but makes you so afraid...take care...hugs.

• Posted

Hi carole. Thanku for your comment i wud neva ov thought something like that can cause this much grief. I will make an appointment right away thanku
  • Posted

Simon:  You are certainly welcome...Absolutely, TMJ can affect the top of your head...feels like pins and needles...Look up TMJ and see just how it can affect your whole body...It is amazing to learn how miserable it can be...makes your sinus's go crazy...Please let me know what the dentist says...He will probably make you a plastic splint to go over top or bottom of your teeth to wear while sleeping....you won't believe how great you will feel...
    • Posted

Thanku so much carole for givin me abit of hope i hope this is the answer and i will let u know soon as x
  • Posted

Hi there simon

i had precisely the same thing happen to me which lasted for months and months until yesterday I went to see my GP.  Could this all be stress related?  When I visited my doc she gave me nailers 50 microgram nasal spray suspension.   So far, it appears better for using it but not gone entirely.   I certainly do not have a cold, but it is very annoying.

• Posted

Disregard nailers, the spray was walled Nasonrex.   These spell checkers never give the results I want 😃
    • Posted

Yes bellbound that sounds like a form on anziety too try not to wori and give it time smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.