Sinus scan For Sinus Issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi There,

Im an 18 year old Female and I've had a bunch of problems with what feels to be my sinuses.

Symptoms i get regularly:

Blocked nose 

Pressure in Face 

Fullness in Ears

Pain in Face  

Pain in Ears 

Phlegm in Throat  

Foggy Head 

Fatigue 

Dizziness ( Sometimes ) 

The occasional sore throat 

( I had my tonsils out 3 3 years ago which helped with the frequency of my sore throats ) 

Anyway I've tried sinus sprays, sinus washes and antihistamines but i keep having problems with my sinuses.

I was referred to have a ct scan of my sinuses the other day which I had done, No results yet but I'm a bit worried because i didn't have some of those symptoms at the time of the ct scan that nothing will show up, And all the complaining about my sinuses ive done for the past 2 years would've been pointless.

Although the very next day I had some of the symptoms and just as I'm typing this the area around my nose feels like there is a lot of pressure in it.

Ive had rhinitis and been treated for that my last check up with that doctor said it was getting better which was good.

But i feel like overall this is an all sinus thing and eustachian tubes swell but i dont know.

Anyway so i guess I'm wondering even though because i didn't  have any symptoms on the day can results still show up because the symptoms came back the next day ? and now

and because I've had this for so long can the results still show ? 

once the sinuses are blocked or whatever do they stay that way and is that why i keep getting recurring sinus symptoms ?  will it show in the ct scan ?

Thankyou  so much   

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The scan will show  up exactly how the sinuses have been formed,whether there is any abnormality and from the results the consultant can decide the next plan of action. It doesnt matter that you have had this for a long time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.