Sinusitis, or something else, opinions please?

Posted , 2 users are following.

5 years ago I had this excruciating back pain that went all the way up to the left side of my neck, that was the day my chronic headaches started, and they’ve been with my since. What was strange though, is I felt there was something more to it because I felt really off. Over the next 24 months, I visited every type of therapist under the sun confident that my headaches were being caused by my neck. Both my neck and back improved, but the headaches still lingered. The strange thing about the headaches was that they were always right in the forehead, accompanied by sensations on the nose and this pain on the brige of the nose also.

24 months later, I started having pelvic pain, and was diagnosed with prostatitis and give a course of antibiotics. Unbeknowing at the time, this course, on top of the other multiple courses of antibiotics to treat reoccurring teeth infections when I was younger would be the straw that broke the camel back as far as my gut health was concerned. My guts got completely destroyed and with my experience in dealing with doctors for my headaches, I found an alternative doctor that conducted a test that revealed I had an imbalance of bacteria in my gut, which was causing me the gut issues. It’s still early days but research is indicated that gut health plays a vital role for the entire body. Anyway, I essentially started treating myself as if I had an infection in the gut with herbs, diet and probiotics. I had a huge amount of improvement quickly with the gut, but at the same time, my headaches also went.

It was at this point that I thought that if I had bacteria I’ve grown in the gut, it was likely elsewhere, and that the prostate and sinuses were also infected.

As I started to feel better, I slowed down treatment and didn’t follow the diet. After one night out drinking beer, my headaches came back with a vengeance the next day.

What I am left with is this constant pain/pressure in the forehead, I get this pain across the bridge of my nose, these tingling sensations on the nose, mucus levels are ok and I can breath easily 95% of the time, but I do feel a slight congestion in the forehead area. I also get neck pain and tightness in the upper shoulders. The most confusing part about it is is the symptoms are manageable as long as I don’t sit down for an extended period of time - if I sit, then I will get a fly blown headache - this makes me think that it is postural related and am maybe suffering cervicogenic headaches, but if that was the case, then why did my symtoms improve so dramatically when I was treating my self for an infection elsewhere in the body?

Would loce to get some opinions on this...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't have any answer, can only say that I have had similar symptoms to yours, only mine being mainly right sided. I've always had migraines but they worsened and I developed sinus issues after a fall which broke nose and some teeth.

?Now nose hurts and I wake with hangover like head aches. Docs are not really interested, suggested pain meds and sprays which hardly help. Right neck pain started with trapezius pain and pain up face and ears and jaw.

?I also had gut issues - h pylori infection, hiatal hernia and bacterial imbalance plus gallstones, Eventually had gallbladder removed as it was in bad shape and this helped some of the symptoms.

?I've had some chiropractic treatment as I was misaligned and also had vertigo. That helped some, then I have had a knee replacement surgery so recovery from that took over. I now need to address the sinus, head and neck situation. Some days I am just exhausted and worn out. I think I may have trapped nerves as well as have some pins and needles in arm and hand. But tests have not shown up anything.

?I have had various antibiotics and also pelvic surgery, obviously different gender to yours but it seems the effects of one part of the body can have effects more remotely as everything alters when one area is out of balance.

?As I say, I am not much help to you, just thought it interesting to share that you are not the only one with similar and hope that we can find some answers. Interesting that yours was worse for stopping the dietary regime and having some beer. 

• Posted

Hi Cynthia, thank you for the response and I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through. I’ve literally spent the best part of 4-5 hours a day researching the symptoms and trying to understand the link, the fact that your problem started almost indenticly to mine I think proves that I’m on the right track. I believe that we are suffering from a chronic low grade infection of bacteria and fungus which is causing inflammation in the body and that is what is causing the pain. 

The reason I was able to get mine under control with anti fungal, diet and probiotics is that I was killing off the pathogens with the anti fungals, I was starving them with the diet and I was increasing the good guys to further fight them off with probiotics. The issue is that these pathogens are smart and build up a resistance to both antibiotics and anti fungals and eventually they stop working - when you combine that with a diet that is not perfect and not taking the right antibiotics, that is the perfect environment for them to thrive - they’re referred to as opportunistic and that is there is their perfect opportunity. And the worse part about it is they are now resistant and won’t respond to antibiotics.

I don’t think that you can have success in normal medicine with this as the don’t recognise fungus as an issue that causes symptoms, and it’s also often that they won’t pick up bacteria in all testing, but I too have had every single test under the sun and the only test that has been able to indentify anything wrong was the one that measures the bacterial levels in my gut. All these tests include blood tests testing hundreds of levels, MRI of head and neck, Pelvic CT scan, abdominal ultrasound, abdominal CT scan, CT scan of neck and head, live blood tests, plus loads more.

Seeing as you’ve had H Poli, this is an indication that you’ve had infection in the body. If you’ve had more than a few prescriptions of antibiotics (which I’d say you have cuz of your gut issues), then I’d be certain you have an imbalance of bacteria in your system. 

So we are now in a situation where either the body and immune system needs to fix the problem itself, or it needs the right help to do it. To do it itself all the vital organs need to be functioning, these include the liver and kidneys, as these are these are the organs that remove waste and toxins. The liver is also the organ that filters and cleans the blood, and seeing as the blood would be what fixes this, it needs to be running at its optimum. The infection would be picked up by the lymphatic system, transported to the liver and evacuated either here or the kidneys. I believe this may be achieved by liver and Gallbladder flushing.

There is a place in Tsibli, Georgia, the are the only place in the word to do this treatment called Phage therapy. It’s a therapy designed to kill bacteria and is very effective for antibiotic resistant ones.

Either of these treatment won’t necessarily fix the issue as a whole if you have completely wiped strains of your good bacteria and this is where you either need to take probiotics, or there is another treatment called FMT, which essentially implants strains of live bacteria on the colon wall. 

• Posted

Thanks for your observations, you have certainly been busy doing homework. I know H pylori can be a devastating thing and they have fund evidence of it in people's gallbladder and other organs besides the stomach.

?Frustrating as I complained of symptoms a while before a different doctor suggested testing for HP. I feel it had been present some time. Maybe many years as I was nurse in the past and nursed many patients with stomach ulcers in the days they did not know of the link with HP and I suspect this may be how I caught it,

?I've tried many diets and supplements and had some improvement, but as you say, the symptoms just keep returning. Other than the things I listed, my tests for things were pretty inconclusive too, so the doctors just think you are a hypochondriac or have health anxiety, if we keep presenting with this.

I have heard of the phage therapy before. Keep posted should you find out anything. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.