Sister Passed last night and perimenopause

Posted , 13 users are following.

My sister passed last night and i dont know how im going to get through with this perimenopause and loss of my sister. This is too much for me i am not strong enough to deal with this. My anxiety is uncontrolable , dizziness, weakness, cant sleep at all. i cant make through this crisis like this. This is too much for me, why why why???

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes Mary , my eating pattern definitely changed . I had no appetite , my stomach was constantly churning with anxiety . I even saw a gastro doctor and they were concerned about my weight . I had dropped below 8 stone and I felt that I looked anorexic , but I just didn't feel well and couldn't eat . Then I had chest pains and went to a and e thinking I was having a heart attack . All was good thankfully . I had a lovely chat with a wonderful consultant who explained that it was all a mixture of grief and my age causing all this anxiety and that I was actually a very healthy woman . I've had do many tests also including an internal ultrasound scan and a smear , all good . It has felt like I've been to hell and back , but I'm living proof that you can come through 🙂. My appetite is now back , plus some . In fact now I have put on two stone and weigh 10 stone . I've never been anywhere near that in my life , even at full term in my pregnancy 😂 . So please take heart from this , that the loss of a loved one is hard , along with all these nasty hormones , but you will get through . If you ever need a chat please private message me . Jane Xxx

• Posted

Hi Mary, sorry to hear that, my mum passed away nearly 4 years ago now, and I was like you myAnxiety levels at that time was high and I went to my Dr and ask him for something to calm me down for when I attend the funeral and he gave me nothing,anyway I decided to attend how I felt when I got to the church I was in a state I couldn't keep quiet while sitting I had to force myself to sit to stand like I was fighting myself..I couldn't wait to get home had such bad head but I got through it and here I am now years down the line better then I was the stress of her dying with the menopause didn't help..see if your Dr can help you because of what you have to go through ok because ain't nice at this time of life,I hope everything works out ok HUGS.

• Posted

Hi Mary, so sorry to read you lost your sister. My thoughts & condolences are with you, please see your Dr & ask for some help, sometimes we need some medical assistance to get through the rough & traumatic times. Allow yourself to grieve, don't be hard on yourself. I know personally that anxiety is a b***h( sorry to say that) but you will get through this. Sending you a big hug xo

• Posted

Thank you. Well i tried one of the several prescription i had already for anxiety, but it doesnt seem to last that long. I also took a meds for the heart palpitations and it didny last either. Ive never had ybe heart palpitations this severe. In addition my legs and back has this weird tingling, burning, hurting sensation whereas its very irritating. These things are toturing me all day long it is physically and mentally draining me. I dont lnow how much more i can take seriously.

• Posted

Try to listen to a mindfulness recording. It creates some alleviation from the intensity of the feeling when you are going through very bad times
  • Posted

Is this you Maria? If so, I'm back in Florida and am here for you. I'm so sorry about your sister. I have extra progesterone if you want some to help you sleep. Let me know. 

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, I think you mistaken me and the person that put the post up its her sister not mind..my mother I was talking about that died and I don't think I mention sleep issues as iam sleeping too, anyway I don't take anything for menopause I fight through it daily not as bad as I was when I first started things started to calm down Anixety is what it is but fight that too,the joys of meno...hope your getting through it the best way you can Hugs.

• Posted

Hi Maria, no I was addressing mary27278, so for the confusion.
    • Posted

*sorry*

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.