Six weeks after the procedure.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had this procedure 6 weeks ago. The sense of urgency, frequency and low volume flow have not changed for the better. Indeed, I now have an issue with erections or should I say lack of. Also, when I am having a b.m., the entire area there goes numb if I sit more than five minutes.

Hopefully, all this will correct itself with time.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I the one in a million they warn about?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Walter,

You didn't say what procedure you had, but, sounds like you have some constipation issues. This is easily solved (most cases) by taking some olive oil a couple of times per day. I have two high protein blender drinks every day and add a little bit of olive oil to the mix - and this really helps to clear me out.

Tom

• Posted

All procedures are subject to some sort of failure which is why patients must sign a waiver of liability prior to undergoing any procedure.

• Posted

My LUTS symptoms are often magnified by constipation and or just changes in diet or even certain foods. Since my procedure, I had PAE in July, I've noticed it even more. I'm currently getting up once in the night or occasionally not at all. But recently, a couple weeks back, I had a night where I was up every 2 hours, like before my procedure. I took some extra magnesium to move my bowels, and everything went back to normal.

• Posted

True. But also it is often the case that IN TIME, things revert to something similar to what was before the procedure. Not as good or as strong as was the case pre-surgery, but an outcome half way between what was and what you're now experiencing.

• Posted

Walter,

Where did you have Rezum done ? Do you know how many the doctor had done before yours ? Some people take longer than 6 weeks, to recover.

Thomas

• Posted

I had the Rezum procedure performed at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.