Skakes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm not sure if I asked this question before. How long before the shakes go away. A few hours after I take my pill I get the shakes. I eat before I take my pill.any advise would be helpful.

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

I had the shakes for about 2 1/2 weeks in the beginning at 10 mg and I went down to 5 mg for a week and it helped a lot and back up to 10 mg where I’m at now 5 1/2 months later. 

Will😎

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lois, I take mine last thing at night and always wake up with physical anxiety symptoms, I have it right now and the internal shakes you mentioned is a perfect description, mine has never gone away.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Paula ..yes my internal shakes started instantly when I first took my 20 milligrams of celexa .mind you this was before I knew of this forum..as soon as I drop to ten it took about one year for those shakes to stop..in the meantime I found this forum along with katecogs and she made me see and feel that I would recover and I did..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Paula ..yes my internal shakes started instantly when I first took my 20 milligrams of celexa .mind you this was before I knew of this forum..as soon as I drop to ten it took about one year for those shakes to stop..in the meantime I found this forum along with katecogs and she made me see and feel that I would recover and I did..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for telling me that Lois. I just want to get off these so badly, or at least get to 10mg and stick on that for a bit. Just not ready for withdrawal symptoms yet, as my job has just started going well again since last withdrawal. Just so wrong to be taking meds I dont need.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes they are gone. They lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. I kept a journal which was great to do. As I look back at it I think wow I went through a roller coaster ride. Tomorrow starts my 23 week at 10 mg. 

Will😎

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there.

My right hand started shaking 20 mins after taking my first 10mg of citalopram. The shakes never went away, they carried on for about five months after I took my last tablet. Unfortunately it's a side effect that can really affect some people :-(

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have a question . I went to the doctor today because of such bad headaches. She is not my regular doctor. She told me to stop taking celexa. Since I've only been on it 3 weeks and I'm at 5 mg does. That I should take 2.5 mg for a few days and stop. I tried o reach my doctor. No much. Does anyone have advice in tapering off?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What I’ve read and learned is that your better off going slow tapering off. If it was me I’d probably do the 2.5 longer. Someone will answer you if not reach out to Lois  or Katecogs both of them have helped me immensely with my start up of the drug. 😇🙏🏻

Maybe going to 2.5 for a period your headaches and shakes will go away like mine did. I know I’m very sensitive to this med and that’s why I started slow and low dose. I’m only at 10 mg and in my 5th month. 

Please Keep us posted of how you do. 

Will😎

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up