skies are bluish

Posted , 7 users are following.

After suffering years an years of depression i awoke the other week and the misty clouds surrounding m'y mind had lifted and for the first time in many à year the clouds of m'y mind made way and let rays of sunshine break through. It didnt last long but after all the years ive suffered it actually gave me hope for m'y future. I only write this now as i again have hit à low but the brief break i had fills me with hope for m'y future and instead of dreading the long night i have ahead i am instead looking forward to the next moment of peace which i am sure will come. Just to encourage all you people who are going through the worse of times i wanna say dont give up hope i almost Did on more than one occasion and now there seems to be a light coming from the end of that tunnel? It may still be flickering but its there? I wish you all well. Believe me, although still a struggle, i,m glad i,m alive.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I wish you well too Night Owl and you show that soemtimes there is light at th end of the tunnel biggrin xx

• Posted

So pleased to hear that you had this glimpse of a happy life and am sure it will happen again and again and one day stay that way. It is also very unselfish of you to come here to share it with others. Usually people are only quick to come here to moan and groan and try to get sympathy.
    • Posted

I disagree with you on that carmel.   This is a depression site and the vast majority come here for support and advice not to 'moan and groan and try to get sympathy'  I have seen very little of that on here.  
    • Posted

I can always tell who wants to get better and who just wants to wallow in it. Who will be far better in a year, who will be worse and who will be the same. The point of looking into things out to be to get better. Chatting to others who have the same problem but cannot help themselves is hardly going to be the answer.
  • Posted

Good on you night owl,  that must have been wonderful.  So pleased for you x
  • Posted

Glad you found some happiness and I wish you the best xxx

Carmel I hope you just worded that wrong, there's nothing wrong for people to come here and 'moan' and try to get sympathy, some of get none and the little we get here does actually help.

Anyway Goodluck owl <3>

• Posted

Jake. Some of the people who come here looking for sympathy and moaning say things like "I get lots of support from my husband - family - friends " so it is not a case of them getting none as you say. If they concentrate on changing their thought patterns and behaviour, as you do with cognitive behavioural therapy - instead - they would actually get better. Going on about how bad you feel does not help you in the long run it just makes you worse and wastes valuable time. I agree that those who get none need to get support from somewhere but that won't help them to get better, cognitivie behaviour therapy will. Their time would be better spent on seeing a therapist or researching this.

• Posted

Sorry I was kind of referring to myself when I said that, silly or not opening up here the other day and seeing I'm not alone in how I feel made me feel better.

I have never had anyone who understood me to talk to and it really did lighten me up from all the nice people here. First time I had just got everything out in 5 years, it felt good.

I have only been here a few days though so maybe you are right, I don't know smile

• Posted

Hey night owl I know exactly what you mean i went through a period last year where i didnt want to leave the bed or do anything. Everything seemed like a mission and getting up and going downstairs just seemed impossible. Support from my family and friends and I went to the doctors for tests and decided to go on to meds and so glad I did. I recently met someone who understands what am going through and she is a keeper smile. I think people just need to realise that there not the only one that feels this way and if you work at it, it can get better.  
    • Posted

Sometimes meeting a really nice person you click with and who understands is a great thing and the silver lining to the cloud. But do not make friends with depressed people when you are depressed, do not spend a lot of time with them or get into the routine of always talking about it and swapping notes. It will then become your lifestyle of choice and you won't get better. It is the same as two very fat people constantly talking about all the food they eat and how they have problems with exercise yet still sitting there eating huge burgers while they chat about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.