Skin Ezcema

Posted , 4 users are following.

My son has Ezcema since when he was 2 weeks old baby. He is 5 years now and we are still battling with this frustrating problem. He rarely sleeps and am soo worried that this could lead to an increase in his cortisone level due to stress of itching and sleepless night.  The patches sometimes get infected that  I see myself crying when taking off his bed linen. He also has seasonal asthma. He has been  prescribed salbutamol-ventoline and Beclometasone-Becotide for over two years now but he uses it occasdionally. He is also prescribed Hydrocortisone ointment, emulsifying cream.

He is always having cold sore ;( Please someone should help! sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't think this posting belongs on the Hyperthyroidism Board but rather a Dermatology Board if there is one.
  • Posted

my daughter had terriable excema and the creams the doctor gave her seemed to make it worse , oatmeal in a clean pop socked tied and held under the running tap will soften the water ,and can be used as a soap leaving skin soft . also applying aloe vera gel will help keep skin soft and moisteriesed . my daughter legs heeled nicely but its an ongoing thing leave the routine of and it will come back change the oat sock every other day . 
  • Posted

Hi kriskam,

I know what you are going through my daughter had the same thing with her baby boy. There is a site online called 'Salcura Natural Skin Therapy' it is a cream to treat eczema and does not contain steroids.You can have a refund if it does not work.  Also Tesco Aqueous Cream Emollient Moisturiser which is very good. My daughter used the Aqueous Emmoillent Cream and had good results. My grandson's skin is fine now he is two years old and just gets the odd patch now and again.....before you buy it ask your doctor if you can try it on your little boy!....hope this helps...best wishes..

• Posted

Tnx lilian05079, 

Really appreciate your suggestions and will try it as it sounds believable wink Friends and family have suggested so many creams and soaps but I sat down and cry and still see my son scratching away  sad

• Posted

well oat meal at least is natraul and wont make matters worse iv known adults with very bad phoroses [sorry i no its spelt wrong] use it with very good results ,and when i used it on my daughter when she was little it was the first time she didnt moan about having a bath, i dont know if your in the uk , but something eles i got at the time rather by accident was i brought a oatmeal face cream from holland and barret for myself didnt like it on my skin , so i tried it on my daughters legs and it was brilliant i tried it just in a small area over a few days and the excema totaly dissapeared. so along with the oatmeal soak in the bath and the cream totaly got rid , i dont know if they still do the cream ,ffound it hard to get when i moved house so started to use aloe vera gel instead which worked just as well.  i hope it works theres nothing worse than an itch .let me know if it helps . by private message . i did suggest it to a couple of other mothers who tried on there children and they got good results to..so iv got every thing crossed that it will help your little oneneutral
  • Posted

Hi kriskam,

Your welcome kriskram. Please let me know how you got on with the cream. It takes about a week to see the difference maybe before, but it should help your

little boy to feel comfortable and not itch all the time....best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.