Skin Like A Reptile

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ladies,

Last period was 15 months ago. I feel great except that I am developing these purplish rough sandpaper like patches on my torso. My dermatologist told me as we age our skin thins. She recommended a cream but its not helping. I feel like I'm turning into a reptile! Is anyone else dealing with skin changes and if so what helped!

Thanks!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Nancy - i developed Rosacea after my last period, so something definitely happens to our skin during menopause - it seems like my rosacea is less, or maybe i just deal with it better, but the overall dryness of my skin doesreally bother me. lotions dont even touch the dtyness, i have to use oil on my skin - its just so much fun!

• Posted

I've got these dry patches and last year my doctor said Sun is good for it.

Well I'm sitting in Bonnie Scotland the now with a force nine Gale outside

and were begging for some Sun it is so dull. Doesn't help your moods when

it is like this.

Back to the cream / medicine why not try primrose oil tablets they are meant to

work.

• Posted

Have you heard about Phytoceramides? or collagen powder? These could help dry skin. I have to use a thick body butter but I was reading yesterday about Phytoceramides and I might try this. Some claim that their heels and elbows are softer as well as their hands and their whole body.. It was explaineded that it helps the skin from the inside out.

• Posted

I've had psoriasis a couple times in my life. When I hit peri, it hit me hard. I'm better now, almost 2 years out, like you. I get those spots you describe. They aren't purple, but patches that itch and bleed when scratched. On the positive there's no more acne. But I'd take that AND my periods back over this hell! I tried rubbing vitamin e oil in to the dry patches but it did little good. The longer this goes on, it seems the more resistant my body is. There is a cream called Heel Balm, which really works to soften dry heels and any other dry skin. Mine is so dry I can't even wear make up on my eye lid anymore.

• Posted

Hi dear

me too notice my skin changes alot in peri.

me too having purple patches in legs sometimes then in 4 or 5 days they disapper and in other they r seen in hands..i think harmones r doing all changes in skin.

i am having very dry skin too

tk

• Posted

Hi, my hands and under the eyes were very dry. i started hrt and not so bad now it does come back occasionally, i tried vaseline lip therapy with cocoa butter on my hands and soften skin. Bought for lips but thought why not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.