Skin rashes appearing on body.. freaking me out.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

4 weeks ago I had a couple of small fairly round rashes appear on my feet and inner forearm.. I tried coconut oil, lavender, silver, honey, apple cider vinegar (raw) and salt baths. Nothing seems to have moved it. These have grown in size the last few weeks and now im starting to get a few more.. on the chest and over parts of the foot. I went to the docs and he said it was stress and gave me two steroid creams to apply.. Nothing seems to work. I just hope this doesn't grow and cover my body. The rashes are quite itchy until I put cream on. I don't know if its Pityriasis Rosea or something else.. I'm taking loads of anti bacterial and antiviral supplements.. nothing seems to work. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't trust what the doc said..See pics thanks. sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello.. and thanks.

Yeah gets itchy till I put cream on..

how long before these things go away?

Cheers

• Posted

Yes,it could be Pityriasis Rosea,and the treatment is usually just to help you with the itching. eg steroid cream. It can take up to 5/6 months to clear the rash completely,which by that time can be widespread.  You could try taking an antihistamine tablet which you can buy at any supermarket or chemist.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.