Skin tags removed - success story

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody

I had two skin tags, one big one smaller, after some rat big haemorrhoids after a difficult birth some 20 years ago.

A couple of days after my surgery I was so scared of the result and search the internet for hours. I found this forum and found some answers but not completely so I want to share with you my experience.

I will not lie, it was painful. Especially after the anesthesia took off.

I did only take any painkillers the first day and then I stopped. Mostly because I didn't feel good after taking them and got dizzy from it.

I toke 5 days of from work, I am on a bike most of the day biking from house to house working with home care. I should have taken at least 7 or 8 days of, it was to early after only 5 days for me anyway.

I drank a lot of water which always helps me to go to the toilet easier if I have problems with that. Every time after a toilet visit I showered my butt 😃 and used baby wipes very carefully (before the shower).

I bleed 4-5 days after operation, just a bit and about a week or 10 days after operation there was only a little pain left.

Already the day after I felt two lumps, where the skin tags used to sit. They where big and hard and they looked horrible, like someone described them, like little mountains.

After a few weeks (after op) they where still there, like they didn't change their size. So I called the nurse and she told me to use a cream called "Hirudoid" it contains Mukopolysackaridpolysulfat.

I am living in Sweden so it could be this doesn't exist in your country.

It is a cream you use ex if you have blue marks after an operation, so that they will disappear faster or if you are swollen. It could even be a cream you use if you have hemorrhoids.

After I start to use the creame they dissappeared faster, every day I felt it getting smaller. They disappeared totally after some 5 -6 weeks (after op), just to let you know it is temporarily.

Now I am full recovered and have a good looking anal and I am so happy that I did it 😃

Hopes it helps someone anyway

regards Tina

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, hopefully you see this! can you tell me how long it took all in to go back to normal? my skintag looks the same as it was before i went in.

• Posted

Has that changed for you? I am six weeks post op and it looks exactly the same

• Edited

Hi Tina! Did the bumps subside 5-6 weeks post operation or 5-6 weeks after you started to use Hirudoid? I am in America and my doctor told me not to use any ointments. At my 5 week check up, she said it looked good even with the bumps still there. she said it was swelling. My next check up isnt until June 2021

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.