Skipped heart beats

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so I keep getting skipped beats and I have been diagnosed with ectopics heart beats, I was driving to a shopping centre last Thursday and every round about and queues of traffic my heart kept skipping every so often I was hot and anxious as soon as o got out and went shopping I was fine. Now even a home I'm getting skipped beats my anxiety is bad right now it's been getting worse since Thursday but I get skipped beats when I feel ok! I've been to the doctors they say I'm fine and to cut down on stress (bit hard when I have a very mardy 1 year old, even my partner finds it hard and he works so doesn't see her as much as me) I'm getting so het up about these I'm scared I will die. What do I do I'm hopeless sad

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi your anxiety will be adding to your skipped beats I get all sorts of pains and weird heart feelings I get pains up my arms then in my chest and i convince myself I'm having a heart attack anxiety makes you think the worse but you won't die no matter how bad your anxiety gets I totally get you I have a 6 month old daughter and she stresses me as she just crys every time I put her down so I have added stress witch makes my anxiety worse but it us just that anxiety it's not harmful x
    • Posted

Thank you Catherine! She's a bugger she's 1 in a week and nearly walking but she just cries all the time before she was frustrated because she wanted to crawl and now it seems she's eager to walk but just cries!! I hope it is just anxiety I'm scared constantly it's just not fair x
    • Posted

I hope you are doing okay iam the same just now pains in my arm and chest everyday and scared I'm having a heart attack or have problems with my heart I feel I can't go anywhere I have a two yr old boy who is non stop menace haha x it's hard to tell yourself your okay x
    • Posted

I know how you feel I have health anxiety as well as general anxiety and I always think there's something underlined wrong with me but my gp says different and we have to believe them I suppose because there the professionals and I'm still here so all the times I thought it was going to die I clearly haven't but the worry is awful do you take medication?x
    • Posted

Have you felt this way a long time this only started for me about a month ago and now I struggle with it everyday. I am the same think is something wrong with my heart I have had 4 ecgs and 2 blood test all okay I guess I need to trust the doctors. I don't take any medication just now
    • Posted

Yes since around July last year when I had anaemia I got really bad health anxiety and they just stayed even though my anaemia is better! I'm not on medication I'm going to the doctors in an hour and going to ask about magnesium as apparently that helps! I'll let you no what they say I can't cope with this anymore I feel so down about it x
    • Posted

No I don't take medication I tried beta blockers but they slowed my heart too much and my blood pressure was already low! I'm going to talk to a doctor about anxiety medication although I don't want to take it I might try magnesium supplement first x
    • Posted

I got pains last night and skipped beats I was so scared but I took a diazapam and managed to get some sleep, so far today I think I've only had one or two skipped beats I feel a bit better. Also I think there linked to my period as I came on Sunday night and noticed last month they were worse as my period come around. Do you know my daughter being a terror and all this heart anxiety since having her has put me off having anymore children and I'm only 22 sad x
    • Posted

I'm the same as you this all started last month when I found out I was anemic it's funny how somethibg can trigger all these other things since then I'm terrified of passing out and the chest pains r driving me mad. Recently I've had to have someone with me during day to make me feel better I'm usually very outgoing and always in the go with my boys but this has just changed me so much. I have heard magnesium is a good supplement I hope it helps you x it gets better with kids my boys wer terrors at first aswell but once they wer up on their feet and coukd explore a bit more they settled down they are still non stop but more manageable it will get better x
    • Posted

Just got back from the doctors and changed my contraception back to my old one, also asked about magnesium but as my levels haven't been tested she said not to because if your levels are good you could make yourself very poorly. She said when I get an ectopic just take a minute and breathe and they will pass but try not to worry as there really not as bad as they feel it's just a little bump that shocks us. Even she said she gets them and she gets scared but when there gone you have to forget about them until the next one. I need to calm down my heart is beating fast right now I don't even no why sad I need to relax but how with a baby lol x
    • Posted

That's reassuring that she feels that way sometimes aswell I know it's easier said than done but we do need to take a minute and calm ourselves no matter how hard it is x
    • Posted

We do need to try our best I know it's hard tho! Do you have Facebook I'll add you on there if you like I forget to check my emails and it's nice to chat with people like me lol x
    • Posted

Aww I don't 😔 I'm not very good at all that stuff haha. It is good to speak to people who are going through similar things x
    • Posted

Oh ok!! I don't like to keep looking on here as I think sometimes it does make me anxious but if you ever want a chat message me on here I don't mind smile x
    • Posted

I know wot you mean x same to you if you need to chat I'm here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.