Skipped Heart Beats

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey Guys,

Just curious as to how many of you get skipped heart beats with anxiety?, The last few weeks I have been dealing with nasty insomnia and have been having a dropping type sensation in the throat every day about 4-5 times that I notice anyway, which apparently indicates missed heart beats, am doing my best to not let the anxiety get the best of me but curious as to how you guys manage these?

Thank you

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

hey mike

im new to site and came here for almost same reason i have terrible anxiety and depression and i expierence these symptoms daily and when it happens it scares the crap out of me and my anxiety gets worse ive read caffine smoking and stress can bring these out i had my last one on sunday since then ive just been trying not to worry or think about them it seems to be working so far (knock on wood)

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about your anxiety and depression. The palps are a terrible thing to experience. For me next to the insomnia they seem to be the most debilitating. Seem to get them at a moment I'm not feeling to bad and send me into a bit of a panic. Just hope they subside once the stress and anxiety has reduced.

Can't imagine a lifetime with these. My old man actually had them as well and found getting rid of caffeine fixed it for him so your not wrong there. Hope you get better soon, thanks for posting.

• Posted

yeah mate really frightening experience itcomes right in the middle of your chest and takes your breath away ,i sometimes get a few in sequence its really frightening and no matter were ive been or what ive been doing ive freaked out to the poing of getting emergency help (years ago befor i "new" what was going on! now i still want to get emergency help but dont for a few reasona really one is the way the guys treat you when u tell them you suffer with anxiaty like a time wasting hypacondriac ,and what helpens when god forbid but the day comes when we really do need emergency help but we dont call because we dont want to put them out ! waste there time ,but yeah mate really scary and they come out of no were

• Posted

Thanks for posting Lee,

Know all too well with the doctors mate, if even the word anxiety comes up the checkup turns around pretty quickly to giving you pills and sending you on your way.

Like I was saying to Paul above, hopefully it's all just stress and anxiety related and will disappear over time. One thing I have noticed is taking Magnesium does seem to lessen them.

Be nice to wake up and all this s**t has disappeared but doesn't appear to work that way. Seems this anxiety and stress take some time to subside. Feel for everybody going through this, what a way to live right.

Take care, hope you get well soon.

• Posted

Yes my palpitations are worse when im very anxious.

Have you had your thyroid checked lately? That can also cause palps, along with electrolyte imbalance (low potassium, magnesium and also low iron) if you havent had these checked lately id ask your DR.

• Posted

Hey Amz, Yeap thyroid and bloods all look good apparently. Iron and others all okay too.

Just have to keep riding this anxiety wave and hope it will eventually pass.

• Posted

Its so hard when you cant do much about it 😦

• Posted

Living hell at times. 😞. How do you get on with sleep? Any issues with insomnia?

• Posted

Yep ive had insomnia for 10 years now. I think if i slept well most of my issues would go away.

• Posted

sorry to hear Amz, long time to be suffering did you find during those years though you had periods where you were sleeping relatively well? im currently taking Zopiclone for sleep but docs want me off it.

Freaked out about what im going to do when I finish them as i cant sleep a wink without drugs. Are you on any medications at all?

• Posted

Yes i have had some periods where i have been able to sleep ok without waking up so often but still always takes me soooo long to go to sleep. I have never taken anything as i have young children and scared id sleep too deep on meds and not make if they cried/needed me etc.

Now they are all over 3 i want to try meds Dr prescribed melatonin but i havent tried yet.

Is there anything else that they can put you on?

• Posted

Same here with taking ages to sleep. You might have a better reaction to melatonin than myself as I got very nauseus and a little dizzy. Good that you have stayed clear of the drugs though. Zopiclone works great when you are really desperate for some sleep.

Have used Quetiapene and Phenergan with mixed results. Really is finding something that will work for you. Life is a bit of a roller coaster. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Its so hard hey, sleep is so important youd think they would come up with something that can be used long term safely.

• Posted

Would be great Amz. Enough people are suffering from sleep deprivation huh. More money for the pharmaceuticals. Win Win right.

• Posted

after having my heart checked so i dont freak out with my daily missed beats i take magnesium daily. i find that helps and then if i get a bunch i go fir a brisk walk that seems to help.

• Posted

Thanks kgoo,

Thanks for the reply. Walking definitely helps. Started taking magnesium also and this definitely does seem to help. May I ask what sort of Magnesium you are taking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.