Skipping heart beat

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello ladies

Does anyone have skipping heart beat that goes and come because i have them. I haven't seen a period since last year of may. Bottom of my feet hurt the heel part i can't even stand with out been in pain shortness of the breath now, right now what do we do please someone help me.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi kim

I do quite often. I get an ectopic beat where it reels like an age before the next beat comes along. I also sometimes get a bit of a spike in rhythm and palpitations. I have had an ecg which was fine, I've put it down to anxiety. I'm sure it's quite common, but have you had it checked out? I do get a bit of breathlessness and I know lots of ladies have experienced the same. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry as it generally makes it worse, but check with your doc. Big hugs xx

• Posted

Hi Kim

I had the exact same thing including heel pain. The heart palpations stopped pretty much after using natural biodentical estrogen cream from the health food store. I still have foot pain to the point of not being able to stand longer than a few minutes. Try the cream and remember we ALL go through it so you are not alone! Message me for names!

• Posted

kim

the skipped beats are sooo common

they are called pvc's or ectopic beats, pac's pvc's ..any number of types that can happen depending the origin , pretty common and complicated too.

Just know and trust that your heart regulates itself pretty amazingly. 

Ive had this for a long time smile i ignore it, even though it causes scared feeling, i know what it is so i go with it, and invariably it passes.

Your provider could also prescribe a low dose of a mellow beta blocker such as propanolol even 10 mg or atenolol ..any of those, kind of slows the conduction down so it isnt so skippy.

It took me years to take one propanolol for fear of taking a heart med. No big deal.

I dont even think about it now but i saw your post and wanted to reassure you that after you rule everyting out with a cardio workup

then dont fret you will be fine.

(please dont take my information as prescribing, i just know what meds can do to help when it comes to this)

x0x0x0

• Posted

Hi Kim...yes i had this and had a heart monitor strapped to me but there was nothing wrong. That was three years ago....but this happens to many women so dont be too alarmed and it will pass...take a trip to the gp and put your mind at rest...tell yourself you will be okay as its very frightening and overwhelming...keep checking in here lovey for support as you are not alone. I ended up driving myself into a&e as u thought i was having a heart attack but nothing wrong with me.....go easy...CK

• Posted

Yup. Heart beat like a flutter? Goes up into my throat. Almost like bubbling. Freaks me out.
  • Posted

Hi Kim, I do get those heartbeats that really feel weird.  It is scary but since I’ve been a member of this forum, I’ve known it to be common among us, Perimenopausal ladies.  I got the heel pain too. It comes and goes.  It is plantar fasciitis.  This is very common too among women our age.  They do have a brace you can wear at night.  You can look it up online like on Amazon.  The brace worked for me.  It’s such a very difficult time going through perimenopause and the worst symptom I have is the anxiety.  I get those doom and gloom moments and worry about so many things.  It’s really debilitating at times.  I hope and pray that this will be over soon.  Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.