Sleep......

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just to give a little hope to those who are struggling to sleep - the past 2 nights I have slept soundly for 9 hours or more! Even though I have severe OA in my unoperated knee, I didn't even wake up for pain meds! So although it's taken a while, I've gone from being a sleep-deprived zombie to a sleep machine lol! I think my body is now playing catch up from all those sleepless nights, and I think I'm just going to let it get on with it!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

That'll never happen to me never slept since op. Eleven weeks now, but I'm glad you are sleeping because when you do it helps the recovery.  
    • Posted

You will Jackie, I had mine 15 weeks ago and over the last 3-4 weeks I have had some 'sleep-through' nights. Fingers crossed for you x
  • Posted

brilliant enjoy your sleep,im 4 weeks post op and feeling like a zombie...its a long night when you cant sleep..x
  • Posted

you lucky lucky thing wow what i wouldnt do for even 6 hrs what am i talking about 4 solid hours would be bliss since having my bi lateral and revision plus clean out in all ive not had more than 2hrs sleep in any night at one time  thats 2 and a half years of only 2hrs awake for a time and maybe a further 2 hrs im 11mths since revision it drives me crazy plus im in menopausal years  you have me soooooooo jelous
    • Posted

Sending you a big Sleep inducing hug. You poor lady - hope sleep comes to you soon.
  • Posted

Well done it's amazing how different everything looks and feels after a good night's sleep long may it continue just goes to show there is a light at the end of this long long tunnel
  • Posted

Very happy for you. I'm 6 weeks post and still not sleeping more than a couple of hours at a time - honestly I'm so tired I just want to curl up in a ball!! I hope to follow your example some time soon. 
  • Posted

Great news terri! How long ago did you have TKR? It took me to 10 or 11 weeks before I slept through.
    • Posted

Hi, it would have been around 19 weeks before I regularly started to sleep well, before that it was hit and miss, sometimes only getting a couple of hours. Now, my body can't seem to get enough sleep - I'm up to about 10 hours a night, and still sometimes need a nap in the afternoon 😴
    • Posted

Oh yes, it is still hit and miss, but my other half gets up at 6am weekdays so that scuppers a long sleep for me as I can hardly ever get back off... Sometimes fall asleep in the afternoon.
    • Posted

i wish i knew your  reciepe for sleep !!!!! the last 3 nights have been woafull for me keep waking every 1-2 hrs im so tired i really dont want to take sleeping tablets but if i dont get some in the next few nights i might have to i think my body has forgotten how to stay asleep  other than sleep im startng to live abit im nearlly 12mths post revision so some good news sleeping would be the icing on the cake
    • Posted

I know we often want to NOT take yet another tablet, but if youre struggling so much with sleep I think its really worth considering - Im sure that once your body has had a couple of good spells of sleep youll fall back into a regular pattern. Sleep deprivation is absolutely debilkitating and clouds every other area of your life ( I had suffered from chronic insomnia on and off for years). 
    • Posted

your probably right i think my body has forgotten how to stay asleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.