Sleep

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been taking bio identical progesterone since feb. Right away it helped me. But within the last week I am having trouble sleeping again! And I feel like I am having light night sweats sometimes too!! What is going on ? I see my doc mid aug. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

why are you taking it ? 
    • Posted

My progesterone was very low. I had a list of peri menopausal symptoms as long as my leg! It has helped so much 
  • Posted

I'v been on BHRT for 7 months and was put back to progesterone only about 6 weeks ago. Long story why. I sleep very well on it but had one night this week when I didnt sleep at all and i'v never done that before in my life. I'm hoping its a one off. My doctor also said I will get some hot flashes back but so far only had hot legs in bed a few times. Once the hot flashes come back properly he will adjust my hormones again. Maybe you need your adjusted a bit too.

• Posted

Hi Renee.

How much and which brands are you on of the Oestrogen and Progesterone?

• Posted

I have had the same thing, some months is works wonderfully, while others I feel nothing........what I have been toldby my natural path, is if you are under more stress progestrone turns into cortisol and it becomes depleted......and so that can make symptoms come back as we are still not getting enough.......I use a bio identical cream though, so I am not sure which is more potent.........
    • Posted

Hi Linda. I am Progesterone introlerant and it causes severe anxiety, debilitating headaches amongst other things and the best way for me to take is is vaginally as it cuts down on these side effects, I am on Utrogestan 200mg pessaries.    I take 4 pumps a day of Estradial gel ( Proffesor Studd said if you don't take 4 pumps then your body can still produce it, thus causing problems)  It is about finding the right balance and right HRT which works for you, you don't have to suffer. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.