Sleep problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all i have been on cit for second time for 8 weeks in total,nearly 6 on 20mg. I have had some improvement tho still somewhat anxious and still depressed. im also having problems with sleep that i didnt have at the begining. I can get to sleep ok but i wake a lot i the night. its like im startled awake, often have to then do a weird body stretch thing and feel really anxious. sometimes sweating, heart racing etc. I'll calm down get back to sleep and then it will happen again. Could be 4 or 5 times in a night, seems to often be when im in REM sleep. Has anyone else had this? Does it go away? i find it really disturbing and unsettling and its not a good way to start the day. It also makes me not want to go to sleep.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

While I can't give you reassurance that it will go away soon, I can tell you that I had this during the one week that I was on Citalopram. I would wake with my heart pounding and my skin felt like it was on fire. I couldn't continue as it was making my anxiety a million times worse when trying to analyze the symptoms. I hope this passes for you soon!

• Posted

hi, my situation is different to yours, im coming off and havent slept through a full night for 2 years, hopefully when you settle so will the sleep.

• Posted

i totally had that jolt awaken side effect.and changing my dosage from evening to morning got rid off that side effect.best regards

• Posted

thanks Lois. i dont take mine at night. Usually around 2pm so not sure time could be causing it.

• Posted

well at least at the time for me that was the issue.it wont hurt to try.everyone reacts different.and you are not withdrawing from the med right?and also is only been 8weeks .and since i have not experience second time around ..because iam staying on my med forever .i have a feeling you are just going thru the motions of the ssri side effects and eventually you will level out again.fingers cross

• Posted

meant to say at the time that resolve my jolting issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.