Sleep - tired and fall asleep early

Posted , 4 users are following.

Middle aged, overweight and snore A LOT (according to wife). She also says I stop breathing at times.

Most nights by 8/9pm when I sit down to watch TV I can hardly stay awake. I'm OK during the day mostly but sometimes need to have a nap in my car at lunchtime.

I used to be able to stay up late, function with not a lot of sleep but its getting bad as I get older.

Falling asleep takes second usually (Which I understand is not right).

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Really sorry to hear about your troubles.

A few questions for you:

1) Do you drink water within 2 hours of going to bed?

2) Do you eat before going to bed?

3) Are you getting exercise in during the day?

4) How much caffeine do you consume?

The answers to these questions might get to the core of your issue.

I've recently written a book on the subject, which is on the Kindle Store. It's short, and I feel would help you identify the issue. I'd be happy to send you a free PDF in exchange for a review. 

It's called "Sleep Help: Fall Asleep and Wake Up Feeling Refreshed" by Graydon Leigh

• Posted

Hi Paulfoel. You may have sleep apnoea. The snoring is a big indication. It's not just caused by being overweight and can have long term health effects. Losing weight will help but you may well need other help. I don't know where you live but you would benefit from a sleep clinic to study a nights sleep and see if you stop breathing. Don't be alarmed by this but Google sleep apnoea. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.