sleep/urinary problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Just on 4th day if 15mg of mirt and I am finding that I am having problems with getting to sleep ( which were there before, one of reasons why gp put me on this, along with depression) and I was under impression would help with sleep, plus, more strangely I guess, I can't stop wanting to pee.

Anyone else had problems like this? And if so, will they go away in a week or do, or am I stuck with the side effects

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya mark

all i can suggest is give it time mitazapine does help you sleep but i think you have to be in the right frame of mind for this to happen i don't drink any caffenine after teatime have you noticed you drink more just thinking why you want to pee more stumped on that 1 good luck

• Posted

Mark this drug is amazing for sleeping... I'm on week 7 of 30 mirt ... I was not sleeping at all... now sleep ten hrs undisturbed back at work and depression has almost gone... I agree with maz u have to give it time and the side effects as long as they r not to bad Will go... as for the pee ing don't know about that it cld b another problem not related to med... u shld have this checked ...
  • Posted

Thanks for taking the trouble to answer guy's. Don't drink caffeine after mid day, so not sure why this has started, maybe just a temporary thing. I do feel a bit better mentally already so I am quite hopeful, if the side effects ware off after a couple of weeks
  • Posted

Hey, suprised that 15mg isn't knocking you out at bedtime. I started on 30mg and it sent me to sleep about an hour after taking. Mirt is less sedating the higher the dose apparently but I'm now on 45mg and it still helps me sleep. Its possibly just a short term thing, I would be surprised if you don't eventually get any sleep benefit from it
  • Posted

Ye spot on rachael, 15 has more sedition and less uplifting where as 30 has less sedation but more uplifting.... it took a good four weeks for my side effects to settle but I had been on this drug before so I knew to hang ing in there...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.