Sleeping tips??

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone have any tips on sleeping I constantly wake up about 5 times a night and it takes me ages to go back to sleep im drained.. Does any one have any tips on how to relax and sleep 😔

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Victoria,

I know how you feel on this one. I sometimes take hours to go to sleep then will wake up at 3oclock in the morning and not be able to get back off. It is so annoying.

I have found many things have helped me get to sleep, sometimes I will have a warm bath before bed, have a cup of cocoa or use a lavendar microwaveable bear I have, even just eating a bar of chocolate sends me to sleep. To relax I would suggest listening to mind calming,relaxing music. I have found panpipes, sound of the sea types to help me. If you type it into youtube or just your search engine it will come up with a lot of different sites.

I hope this helps, love and hugs xx

• Posted

Thanks for replying, it's a nightmare isn't it I can't remember the last time I had a full nights sleep! Thanks will try the music tonight unless a miracle happens and I sleep right through lol x
    • Posted

Hi Victoria.

I used to have a LOT of difficulty sleeping due to my panic disorder, dropping off at 3-4am then waking up between 6-7am and that was my nights sleep done.

I searched for a lot of sleep apps to help and one that worked wonders for me was 'Relax and Sleep well' which is a FREE app that uses mild hypnosis to help you drift off into a natural and relaxing sleep.

It only took me one time of listening to it and I hadn't even realised I'd driffted off until the morning.

If you're willing to pay a small amount, like £3, the same guy who made this app also does more specific based sleep hypnosis apps to help work on other issues you might have or there's one JUST for helping you sleep.

I didn't really believe in hypnosis until I tried this, and it's not like full on hypnosis it's just getting your mind and body to relax.

Don't knock it till you've tried it please. And if this app doesn't work for you there is plenty more to try.

Hopefully happy sleeping.

• Posted

Warm bath, Clutter free bedroom, darkened room, fresh laundered sheets with a deep sleep app playing in the backround. If you are no meds at all try suntheanine l theanine that works too.
    • Posted

thanks for replying, havnt heard of suntheanine? Will have to check it out x
    • Posted

How much l theanine do you take? I take a benzodiazepine, clonazepam and Paxil. My doc said it was safe to take with it, but I've had a doc tell me a supplement was fine and after 2 doses my Paxil quit working and now I've got to figure out how to get off of it after 15 years. My body is addicted and my anxiety is debilitating on a daily basis.
  • Posted

what do you do right before bed?
    • Posted

Usually I watch tv until I eventually drop off to wake up about an hour later sad x
    • Posted

Maybe dont do that.

It's hard to fall alseep in the same place that your mind is active for some people.

Maybe consider stopping that and it could help, right?

• Posted

Ok thanks for advice will turn tv off tonight and try and nod of without it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.