Sleeplisness,depression and extreme pain 6 weeks out

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm 6 was posted on a TKR. Pain has been manageable, but tonight is UNBEARABLE! I have an extremely sharp pain on the outside of my leg , thigh to ankle. I've and heat don't work. Ive trier 2 Norco, add ibuprofen and Adavan to help me sleep. Everytime I move I scream in pain. I saw surgeon today and all was good.

I'm so uncomfortable I just want to scream. I want it over. I can't take the pain! Please help!

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi linda

I am very sorry you are in so much pain. Can you contact an after hours or emergency medical line and discuss what to do. Here in Australia, I was discharged from hospital at 6 days post op without pain medication because it was Easter. I rang an ambulance and they gave me some great advice and between them and my sister who had some very strong pain killers from her past knee replacement, I managed until I could get hydromorphone the next day. The more noise and fuss one makes the more notice the medical profession seem to take. Please get to a MD or hospital and get some pain relief. All the best to you. Lyn

• Posted

Hey Linda,

I experienced the same pain. It is the muscle that goes down the leg. I had my pt massage it and it helped also they had me do this exercise with my foot to stretch that muscle out and it did help. while sitting turn your foot inward and you will feel it so do that alot. good luck . 

• Posted

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not imagining it!
  • Posted

I'm am almost 5 months out and when I try to do too much, my knee will swell and cause some pain.  Wearing a compression hose you should have come home with, will help if you know you are going to be doing a lot.  Other than that, elevate and ice.
  • Posted

Linda,

So sorry to hear about your pain. I had an incident with my thigh that was similar. I was sitting on edge of bed with feet flat on floor and turned at waist to reach behind me. A sharp breathtaking pain shot through my thigh. I went to therapy right after and my pt said it was most likely a band of scar tissue that was released. It hurt for most of a week but now I'm fine. going to see my surgeon for 3 month post op visit next Wednesday and hopefully he is happy with results. My left is still weaker than right but I am so glad I had both done at same time. I'm also glad I found this site ....lots of great advise that gets you through tough times!! :D

• Posted

Linda,

So sorry to hear about your pain. I had an incident with my thigh that was similar. I was sitting on edge of bed with feet flat on floor and turned at waist to reach behind me. A sharp breathtaking pain shot through my thigh. I went to therapy right after and my pt said it was most likely a band of scar tissue that was released. It hurt for most of a week but now I'm fine. going to see my surgeon for 3 month post op visit next Wednesday and hopefully he is happy with results. My left is still weaker than right but I am so glad I had both done at same time. I'm also glad I found this site ....lots of great advise that gets you through tough times!! :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.