sleepy in day but lively at night

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mum has been on citalpram for almost 3 weeks. She is groggy all day not wanting to talk and just laying around doing nothing but at about 8pm she feels better and wants to talk. She takes 20mg about 9 30am. She is also suffering with the dry mouth,nausea and sweating. Does anyone else feel the same as she does? Should she take the pills at a different time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I took gingko tea and that really helped ease the side effects, you can take gingko tablets aswell.
  • Posted

Hi,

I've been on 20mg for just over 2 weeks now and I'm lucky that I'm a bit more awake for a bit longer but I have some idea of what she is feeling. I generally take them at 8.00am and find that an hour after taking, I get the dry mouth and then 2 hours after i'm groggy, my speech gets very slow and slurred and then I really need to sleep. by about 2.00pm I'm feeling ok again but then can pretty much stay up for the rest of the day, and night!! I have been choosing late or night shifts while my body settles, but am aware that if it doesnt and I get a 9-5 job again i'll have to start taking at night instead.

I'm just a bit worried about doing that as my dreams are very vivid straight after taking the tablet and I'm wide awake again just a couple of hours after dropping off.

From what I have read it seems that everyone's reaction is different, It might be worth your mum sticking with her current routine for a little while as it can take 6 weeks or more for the meds to settle but if it is really debilitating, then it might be worth talking to her gp about changing the time she takes it.

I hope it works out and settles

take care

Jen

• Posted

Hi

I've been on 10mg of cit for 10 month now.

I take mine at 7am every morning, at first i had trouble sleeping, nausea, dry mouth, palpatations the lot.

It took 4-6 weeks for side effects to go and feel like my old self again.

Stick with it it really does work for me.

take care.

michele

• Posted

Hi, I am taking 40mg at breakfast time. (I started at 20mg but these weren't doing the job ) Your right the first few weeks can be hell, sleeping, feeling sick and sweaty all the time. after about two months I no longer noticed these side affects so I assume they eased.

Stick with it, they are worth it :D :D :D

All the best.......Ian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.