Slight freak out at work..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up early today so i had some time before I had work,but when I got to work it was really quiet I was just with this girl who also works there.and i felt so dreamy and my heart feels like it was skipping beats, I panicked thinking what if im not really here what if i wake up in a minute and im at home or something.. I know it sounds crazy, just want the derelization to go, I've never really had it before apart from a side effect from anti depressants which I'm no longer on due to health reasons (setraline 50mg) does anybody else ever have this feeling? I try and tell myself you are here, I use the grounding technique I name 2 things I can feel, 1 think I can smell, 1 thing I can taste and 2 things I can see..It doesnt always work. Its a constant tense feeling. I see people getting on with there day just wondering how they can be so happy? I want to be like that, free and be able to enjoy life to the max.. I'm 19 and I dont want to be like this, its so unfair! Its making me insecure in my relationship and I hate it sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is also a common symptom of anxiety

Lil

• Posted

Derealization really sucks and its scary dats why im scared to take medicine
    • Posted

What do you do to calm down if you have these derelization episodes or anxiety attacks?
    • Posted

I know it sound naff but learn to breathe from your belly.

Meditation keep busy to distract yourself if it's in the day go for a brisk walk or exercise.

The dereliction is harder but the key things with anxiety is accept it is anxiety and learn techniques to manage it

Consider counselling

Lil

• Posted

Yes im scared to take meds scared of side effects but i have the same problems wit my anixty it sucks i hate anxiety
  • Posted

I used to feel like this year's ago when I was younger it started after I did an illegal drug. Anyway, I had it almost daily for about a year, then it would come in episodes. My mom kept telling me I was thinking too deeply. Eventually it went away and I rarely get that feeling anymore.

I suggest get busy using your brain to focus on doing things and that might help.

Good luck it will get better.

• Posted

My anxiety has sprung from an illegal drug I took maybe 2-3 years ago I think, well I've had it ever since I think. I really want it to go away its interupting everything! 
    • Posted

Just know that keeping yourin distracted and busy are the right ways to go. Your brain really is not good at multitasking and if you are singing etc it is haRd to think of other complicated things, etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.