Slightly enlarged prostate??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have slight pain in the right testicle for about 2 or 3 months. This also sometimes extends into the abdomen (right side only), but not at any particular place. 

The pain is relieved by loose clothes and underwear, but comes back with relatively tight fitting clothes. 

Had ultrasound done for scrotum and KUB (pre and post urination). Came back all normal, except for: 

1. mild hydrocele in right testicle (note, i have no visible inflammation or difference in size between the two testicles) 

2. probable prostatitis. It says something along the lines that my prostate is large, but at the upper limit of the normal range, probably due to prostatis. (4.8 x 4.5 x 2.3 centimeters ; 27 grams) 


what is the diagnosis? do i need any medications? any long term implication for my health? what does it say about my prostrate and what may have caused it? what are other ways to confirm whether or not it is in fact prostatis? 

Many thanks!! 


i am aged 30. BMI of 22, fit and healthy.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    The size of your prostate is in the normal range.  My urologist said that enlargement starts after 30 gm.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Your hydrocele can cause pain in some cases, but be otherwise harmless. Also, other more serious things such as infection or cancer in your prostate can cause the same thing. It's worth it to set your mind at ease and get it checked out.


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      How do I have it checked out?

      What prostate-related symptons should I be looking out for?

      It was only the hydrocele which concerned me.. now that is resolved gradually, so that is going to be alright soon.

      Prostate wasn't something for which I even had the ultrasound done in the first place!

      That said, do you think there might be something up with the prostate?

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      The symptom which needs to be checked out is the pain't in your testical. You should see a urologist if possible. It may be nothing, but you won't know until you get it checked.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up