Slimming clubs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone been to a slimming club whilst on Orlistat? Did it help at all?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago and I am also taking orlistat. I am getting no side effects from the tablets whatsoever - I did before I started at slimming world - and in 3 weeks I have lost 1 stone and half a pound. I feel brilliant and so full of energy!! I don't think I could have lost this amount without the aid of the tablets. I have spoken to the support group and they have said that due to the fact that I am getting no side effects, my eating must be pretty much spot on.
  • Posted

Thanks Caroline, that's a great help. I'm a slimming world member, rejoined tonight, which plan do you follow? I started the tablets last sunday, no side effects so far!
  • Posted

[color=green:ca05c821ad][/color:ca05c821ad]

I used to go to slimming world a few months ago and although I found it fairly easy to stick to on a green day, I found original days very hard as I'm not much of a meat eater. Overall though over 8 weeks I only lost around 3lb and gave up. I think my problem was although things like pasta and potatoes were unlimited on a green day, I was probably overdoing my portion sizes. After reading Carolines comment though, I might try following my book at home along with my orlistat and see if it gives my losses a boost. :D will give it a go thanks for the inspiration smile

• Posted

I tend to stick to the green days and have the odd red day - probably once a week - just for a change. I have don this diet before and I know it works, but it works even better with the tabets!! I still eat a packet of crisps and a bar of chocolate every night with my 15 syns, it's great! You can't over do your portions, the more free food you eat the better, I have started to walk half an hour a day with my son in his pram, I find that helps too. Get on the plan and enjoy it!! You'll be so glad (and surprised at your first weigh in) when you do! I lost 5 and a half lb the first week, 4 and a half the next, and then 4 and a half last week. Now I look forward to my Wednesday morning weigh ins!! Good luck!! Let me know how you get on!!
  • Posted

Thanks so much for the advice, I really do appreciate it.

I've been rather scared to eat chocolate or crisps, do you eat them at the same time as you take the orlistat, or at different times of the day?

Thanks again

Gill

• Posted

Hey Gill, I take the orlistat with my breakfast, dinner and tea. I work 6pm - 9pm every night so I have my crisps and chocolate when I get home at about 9.30pm. You could eat them any time of the day you want. I must admit - my crisps are the shapers crisps from boots, I like the prawn cocktail spirals and the onion rings. They range from 2.5 syns to 3.5. My chocolate is cadburys multipack bar for 10 syns. I don't take orlistat before eating them, and I have a treat day on my weigh day every Wednesday. My hubby and I just go out for dinner and have something nice!! You'll be fine xx
  • Posted

Hi

I'm intrigued to hear you are managing to have crisps and chocolate. Do you not get any side effects? I was told by doc and MAP to keep every item I eat to 5g in 100g fat or less and to eat no more than 45g total fat a day ( eg 12-15 g per meal at the most).

You are doing really weel with your weight loss so maybe I need chocolate!!!

Well done

KJ

• Posted

Maybeit's because the crisps are low in fat, they are the boots shapers crisps. I think also maybe the reason I'm not getting side effects is because my total fat for the day is reasonably low and under the recommended daily allowance for the tablets. I don't care, it's working for me and I have something to look forward to at the end of the day!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.