Sling Revision for Urine Retention

Posted , 6 users are following.

Happy to report for the first time in 7 months, I am emptying my bladder completely!

Had original surgery in August for rectecele and cystecele, with mesh and bladder sling. From the 1st day I could not go, I didn't really have a lot of pain, just being uncomfortable from the bladder. Even though I just had surgery again, not as invasive but still have 14 stitches inside, and will have to be careful for next 6 weeks. I feel so much better, the pressure from a bladder that does not empty will make you misserable.

I didn't have bladder problems before prolapse. Now feet up again, just when I was getting to be more normal. But very thankful that the bladder is working normal.smile

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry it took two tries, but that's great that you got help and everything is ok now!

• Posted

Me to Dorry! I feel great, but because of this site I know to take it easy! Thanks!
  • Posted

Thats great news to read, well done you, rest up well. Its amazing how happy we feel when we regain our normal functions. Im so happy after my op last Sept to be able to not have that bulging feeling as well as no longer having to splint to pass a bowel motion. Still now and again have a tiny bit of urine leakage Ive noticed but so much happier than I was
    • Posted

I know you are! Hopefully our repairs will last! Thanks to this site I want be putting out big bags of mulch anymore!

Although I like doing that, I do know better. Thanks!

• Posted

Good to hear you feel better. Hope you continue to improve. 🌺

• Posted

Thank you! Felt great day after surgery after catheter and packing was removed.🐬🐬🐬

• Posted

Did they release some tension on your sling?
    • Posted

Yes, she said she would snip the sling, she also pulled bladder up 3 inches from what I understood. It was suppose to be 10 minute surgery but it took a little more than an hour. Going back for check up tomorrow. I didn't get to talk to her after.

• Posted

That's awesome as great outcome. So many people say on here "I'm not having a sling as once in it can't be altered" - but you've proven it can. Mine seems satisfactory so far. Phew.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.