slipped back after improvement on mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi

Been on 15mg for two months now, and definitely saw a slight improvement, but, the last five days I have got progressively worse. Any body else come across this after initial improvement. Doctor thought bout upping dose to 30mg, but supposed to be going on holliday soon, and don't want to risk it at the moment. Dreading the holiday, which I guess is on e if reasons feel this way, but looking back it has been slipping a bit for while.

Today is a bad one

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi mark,really feel for you, I went up to 30 and felt much better for a while, the trouble is we are all different. If your not going on holiday for a week or so I would give it a try. My daughter is booking one for me and grandchildren and I am terrified, really want to go but not like this it just fills me with panic! Keep in touch good luck
  • Posted

Thanks Judith.

Going on Friday, and have tried to cancel but can't(pre condition) so will lose all our money. Really worried about it. 

so down and disappointed, as felt things were get to g better, but gone backwards now. Guess today and last few just bad ones have to live with every so often

• Posted

Hi Mark

I was just like you.  The Mirt 15 mg lasted 2 months then I started feeling bad again.  GP upped it to 30 mg and on the advice of people on the Forum I stuck with it for 8weeks.  Then GP upped to 45 mg but that was awful so she took me off it.

• Posted

Hey Mark

We are different but I started on 30mg and a year on still on the same. I have had the odd wobble here and there when I have probably been pretty stressed and then have had about a week or so of feeling terrible, but stayed on 30mg and it's brought me back to my good level.. If it were me and the holiday is causing more stress then pop to the docs and see bout going up 7.5mg more

• Posted

I read a post about someone in the same situation and they felt less anxious on the increase to 30mg although it may affect your mood a bit.  Worth a try anyway.

Richard

• Posted

Thanks everyone fir taking the time to reply.

No don't take any other meds. I am anxious bout the holiday, but it's more the depression that is the problem. Total apathy and lack of energy and will or desire. Been there before, but that doesn't make it any easier. Just going deeper into my shell

• Posted

30ml. Really lifted me think you should give it a try, I felt possative and not depressed at all for two weeks. I have panic attacks as well so think it will be ok for you
  • Posted

Thanks Judith

don't really get panicky, odd times, but ok with it. I am going to wait until I get back from holiday before I give it a go, don't want things to get worse, which they might, while I am away. Was your sleep ok on 30? 

• Posted

Thanks Judith, for your advice and kind words.

And to everybody on here. All are very supportive, and now and again we all need that

• Posted

It helps me knowing there are people on here that understand. I too have a holiday coming up and I'm dreading it. I just want to feel better and back to my normal self. I'm on mirtazapine 45mg also venlafaxine. This bout of depression is horrible. I know I've got out of it before but when your in the depths of it you cant see a way out. Hopefully you'll start to feel a bit better being away from your normal environment.  

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up