Slow mirtazapine lowering symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had more vivid almost paranoid dreams when lowering this?  Also anyone got onset of ibs pain while doing so.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I get stomach cramps which last a few days together with all the other associated symptoms.
    • Posted

Thanks, helps to know.

i also have aches and pains 

this week in hip joint, never had it

before.

suppose could be the weight gain now wreaking revenge or 

maybe just another ide effect

anything like that for you?

• Posted

Sure!! Loads of side effects.The worst is lower back ache.Also general flu like aches all over but back is worst.Been well for 3 days now but felt like dying for 8ish days before .last cut was 22 days ago.Gonna stay at this dosage for another 2/3 wks b4 next cut as hav been cutting each 2 wks.

• Posted

Thats interesting that you and a few others have the back pain and are all at various stages of reduction.  It must be this drug.  What do you do for back pain, I have used Deep Heat and paracetamol so far.  I seem to have a good day, followed by some rotten ones.  The anxiety is still there for me and the motivation to get up and out isnt great either.  What level are you sticking on just now?  I havent lowered for two weeks, GP wants to see how I am when off it.  It is a worry I will feel no better.
    • Posted

How is your tapering going now?  What level are you at?   I am still having the abdominal cramps and intermittent nausea/dia.  I am wondering how long this will go on, and should i wait for it to leave before next cut.  Trying to get as much advice from others.  Seems a lot of people having problems trying to get off this.  Do you wait till,you are having no aches and pains or nausea before deciding to lower again?
  • Posted

Hi

I have tapering slowly from 30mg since June am now at 17.5mg and I have been having vivid dreams

• Posted

yes, i can equate with that.  Mine are mostly unpleasant and just before i wake up feeling i am unable to have 'normal' days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.