Small bump on vagina

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 16 year old female and quite awhile back I noticed a small bump located on top of my left inner lip/labia, close to the vaginal opening. I can grab it with my 2 fingers and pull/stretch it upward. It does not hurt, but it is occasionally itchy. I know it is not sexually-transmitted, as I have never had sex in my lifetime. What could it be? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have several lumps and bumps in the vulva area, they are perfectly normal. Some may be the remains of your hymen, others, well just normal lumps and bumps. I wouldn’t pull it about though. Having said it is most likely normal, if you are worried about it or it changes in shape or size just go and get it checked by a dr. Even if it is nothing to worry about, it is always nice to have your mind put at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.