Small crater like sores on shaft.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey, I'd say like 4 days ago I noticed a small pimple like bump on my penis shaft later that following night I examined again before I got in the shower and I notciced the bump got a little bigger and it looks like I probably scratched a head off of it or something while doing normal day to day activity by it rubbing against my underwear. Anyways a couple of days later I have more. 6 so far all on my penis shaft in different areas. 3 are small crater like sores and the other 3 are just raised small crater like bumps. They somewhat itch and they only sting a little if soap gets down there or I rub against my underwear too hard. I haven't noticed any pus or liquid oozing from them either. My penis head is fine, the bumps don't appear on it nor do I have any discharge or burning sensation during urination. I have a couple pics but I don't know how to upload. Also I've noticed the bumps appeared after I started using baby powder down there after every shower. I've been doing this for maybe 2-3 months now. I've never had this happen to me before so any information would be valuable. Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Definitely sounds like herpes

No big deal though seriously

I have it and you get over it super quick (emotionally)

Get it checked whilst the sores are new

• Posted

I'm going to the clinic tomorrow. But the outbreaks aren't consistent with herpes. They are not in the form of clusters. Just single bumps that's spread out.

• Posted

When they first appeared they looked like little black heads. The pictures I seen on the web are more consistent with follicilitis sores.
    • Posted

Mine never appeared in clusters either! I mean wait to get checked out because no one can prove apart from the swab test

I hope it isn't herpes

Fingers are crossed for you

But worst come to worst if it is don't even worry

• Posted

This should help you add an image:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

Even without seeing a picture though, I'd be suggesting you see a doctor.  If you don't have an appointment already, you could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor. 

• Posted

Yes I'm going to the clinic in the morning. I will try again to upload pics and I will update the status of the situation once I'm diagnosed by a dr.

• Posted

did you ever find out if it was herpes? i'd be surprised if it wasn't

• Posted

Great news Julian! Happy to know that it wasn't something VERY serious like herpes, although any type of infection is cause for worry. good luck...

• Posted

Hi Julian, 

Thank you for your post as it gave me some solace since I have been freaking out a bit over the past 48 hours. I am experiencing similar symptoms as you did, so if you happen to have photos of your lesions from 9 months ago please post/upload as it would be extremely helpful for me. Also, please feel free to RE: here for my personal contact info in order to continue off of the thread. I'll preface by saying, I am a 26, male and I plan on visiting my GP later this week. In any case, please read below: 

I am experiencing a very similar condition from what you described in your initial post. However, I only have 2 separate (pimples/blackhead-ish), that are spread out on my penis's shaft, one on the top and one on the bottom, both are somwhat central between the head and pubic region. Since discovering about 3 days ago no other lesions/pimples have developed anywhere on my body, nothing on scrotum/penis head etc. From my online research, my sores/pimples do resemble a folic infection as they are not really painful or itchy, but since they are in the middle of the shaft I am suspect to that idea that it would be a folic/pubic related cause/condition.

To describe in best detail as possible, both of the sores are red, raised a little bit, but not blisters and have not produced any puss or discharge, nor am I experience any flu-like or other herpes related symptoms described online. Once again, the sores are not in clusters and since first noticing, no additional pimples/sores have appeared. They are not really painful but vaguely uncomfortable and I have been treating them with petroleum jelly.

They have a red dot with a tiny center crater like a blackhead (sorry, hard to describe) but would be considered by me as minor circular cuts from irritation but obviously round in shape and both are on my one of penis's natural texture bumps (not sure what the anatomical name is medically for that) - the bumps on shaft and near pubic hair that are part of the skin's texture (I hope you know what I am referring to). I have never had an STD and have practiced safe sex my entire life. 

I was tested for STDs last month and the results came back 100% negative (no herpes). I have had protected sex with one partner since who was also tested a month prior and was negative (I requested to see the results for proof).

Over the weekend, I admittedly masturbated repeatedly during oral sex and had protected sex multiple times with my partner with no lotion or lubricant, somewhat aggressively, and following which my penis was sore for two days. I am wondering if I just irritated 2 separate penial folicals/ natural bumps and/or potentially tore the skin, which infected them exposed skin, which developed as round because of my penis's skins texture and weak skin layer. 

Looking online the bumps do not look like herpes, and once again are not blisters (I think), but resemble very mild blackheads and once again no white layer, blister, or puss/discharge. Any advice, recommendations, or RE regarding your prognosis/treatment would be extremely helpful and thank you for your time to read.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.