Small fluid filled sacs on sons face?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

My 9 yo son has been getting these small fluid filled sacs appearing on his face for the past few days. It starts as a small bump clearly filling up with liquid (blister like), getting three times the size in the matter of hours, popping and then scabbing over. I have been using acv and aloe and while it helps them, as soon as one is healing others start forming. We can't get in to see a dermatologist for several more days but while he waits I can't just sit here. I have no idea what this could be and what step are we missing to keep it from spreading.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry bri7, your Dermatologist will help you.

Have you changed your washing powder/liquid or anything like that, or perhaps the manufacturer has changed the ingredients?  Or perhaps it could be down to the temperatures we are experiencing.

Dermatologists are very good with children, so don't worry.

Come back and tell us how you get on & good luck.

• Posted

Its probably bullous Impetigo, which children often get .   Keep the area clean and try to stop the child touching his face. Make sure he washes his hands thoroughly at least twice per day. Wash his face with mild soap and water with cotton wool balls then throw them away.   Impetigo often appears out of the blue and disappears without any treatment at all,but a dermatologists advice is always good to have.   While the blisters are healing they can make sore patches.  Use the ACV on a cotton wool ball then throwaway. Dont rinse...let it dry on the skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.