Small Intestine Bacterial Over growth (SIBO)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gall bladder out January 2 2017. I had been suffering a couple of months prior to having it come out. it needed removing but I it didn't solve the problem of the pain, nausea, bloating and vomiting. I have recently had a working diagnosis for SIBO. I've been in the hospital for over a month and have lost over 50 lbs. the hospital I'm in won't pay for the breathing test I need done nor the expensive antibiotics. They are just trying to get me eating and hydrating. when I get out of the hospital I will be going to have to pay to see a functional medicine doctor to pay to get the test so I know for sure then I will have to buy the antibiotics I need to treat it and go on a very strict diet to starve the bacteria. Once the bacteria is gone it can take 6 months for the small bowels to heal. I'm just putting this out there for people to maybe ask their Dr about or try to get the test for it if you have the symptoms I've been having. I will post the results of my breathing test once I've had it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have you tried good quality probiotics .... that may help. Also juicing celery and drinking just the juice first thing in the morning, every morning, before eating anything else is proving to be a real health benefit. (It's very remiss of the hospital not to fully treat your condition). Nonetheless, I would try the celery regime first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.