Small lumb on my back/shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

lve had this small brown lumb on my back for many years but never understood what it is. it's not really itchy or painful have been swollen sometime when i have layed on a spikymatress or just on the floor but it usually gets better within minutes, anyone know what is it?image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Its a skin tag which are not cancerous and no need to worry about it. they can be a problem if they catch or rub on your clothing. If it really bothers you and it has a narrow stalk you could ask someone to tie and knot a piece of cotton thread very very tightly around the stalk and just leave it. Dental floss is ideal .

This will cut off the blood supply to the tag and it will eventually drop off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.