Small peddle bicycles

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone used a small floor peddle cycle. Been looking at them and seem ok, are they useful? xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Had knee number two at 11 am this morning.  Invested in a pedal machine with knee number one last June and found it invaluable.  Paid about £25 from Amazon.

Go for it!

Lynn 9 months post op TKR 1.  Ten hours post op TKR 2!

• Posted

Lynn- is this the pedal machine with no seat? How does it work? Looks like you sit in a chair and pedal away.

Gail

• Posted

Thanks - I think I'll get one for pre op too as it must help to build up the quads - something the consultant said I could do to help myself, and I'm not a gym bunny
  • Posted

I have one Sue, I don't tend to use it now, I have an exercus bike.  They are useful though.
  • Posted

Hi

i have one at home and one in the office! Invaluable when you feel stiff or achy.

People pop in my office for a go on it too. Lol

Well worth the outlay and can use it for your arms too!

Suzi - 19 wks today

• Posted

5wkspost op got foot pedal machine a week ago great for building your leg muscles and knee movement... It working for me 
  • Posted

Hi Sue - I am now 6 weeks post op and purchased a set of "static pedals" from our local disability shop for £30 when I was 2 weeks post op. I first used one when I went to group physio sessions post op and the physio recommended if I could afford to buy one.  I love it (and so does the rest of the family). You can use it sitting in different styles of chairs - ie, perch stool, dining chair, recliner, sitting on the sofa; you can increase/decrease effort, have it closer/further away and it's good if your balance for sitting on an exercise bike isn't so great. I also use it for my arms (helps the bingo wings) by putting it on the dining table and using my hands to pedal. All in all a good purchase I think.
    • Posted

I had no idea about them but have just had a look on Amazon and have ordered one!!! Thanks for all the info ... here's hoping that I have stronger legs and no more bingo wings!! Lol 😃
  • Posted

I didn't even know about them! I've just actually had a look on Amazon and have ordered one!!! Thanks for the heads up!! 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.